December 15, 2015

Review: Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Beauty


When I think of Clinique, I typically think of their amazing skincare rather than their make-up line. So when my aunt regifted me this lipstick, I was eager to try it out!
 

The packaging is quite pretty. It has random geometric shapes and stripes in different shades of orange, white, and pink. The lipstick itself is a dusky pink shade called “Matte Beauty”. It’s almost a Barbie pink that looks just a bit pinker than my actual lips. It would look flattering on just about everyone, but it seems more a spring and summer color than a winter and autumn one. I think it’ll look especially nice with a tan, pink blush, and shimmery eyeshadow!

“Matte Beauty” is, as the name suggests, a matte shade. Matte lipsticks tend to be drying to before I apply it I always use a lip balm. This lipstick covers very well and it almost looks like your natural lip shade. It’s also very long lasting. After I swatched it on my hand for the photos, I took a shower and scrubbed it with a loofah and I can still see where it was before.
 

It feels very nice on the lips. The formula is creamy, for a matte lipstick, and does give the “velvet finish” that the website says it gives. It also doesn’t feel very heavy; I almost forget I’m wearing anything at all! The only problem I have with this lipstick so far is that if you don’t moisturize your lips before putting it on, it can settle into the lip lines.

Overall, I think this is a very wearable lipstick and shade, and I think I’ll be reaching for it very often when spring comes around!
You can purchase the Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Beauty for yourself here!
 
Xx Katie
1 comment on "Review: Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Beauty"
  1. Hi , thanks for sharing your information.The insights are really helpful and informative.haute her tips for teenage girl

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9