November 26, 2017

Autumn/Winter Blushes


In with the cold weather, out with the corals, pinks, and bright blushes! I don't know about you, but I like to change up my makeup with the seasons. When autumn and winter come around, I break out all of my mauve and lighter blushes that are more flattering for my paler skin and more subdued color palette. Here are five of my favorites!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure
This is my #1 favorite blush for obvious reasons! The formula is the best that I've tried. It gives a subtle glow but it's not at all shimmery. The mauve-plum shade is perfect for the colder weather and I'm just obsessed with it. I think a majority of people would find this shade flattering, whether you have light or deep skin or a warm or cool undertone.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty
Most people with access to Sephora seem to have this blush seeing as it was a Sephora 2017 birthday gift option, and I'm glad because it's such a beautiful shade! It's a neutral, light mauvey pink that is very pretty, but I think it works best for light-medium skin tones. I love the Tarte blushes because they last so well on the skin.

Pretty Vulgar Make them Blush in Hush Blush
Pretty Vulgar is a relatively new brand with gorgeous packaging that launched on Sephora. I watched quite a few reviews before deciding to purchase one of their powder products, which all seemed to be good quality. This blush definitely is! It has a matte, pigmented formula and is a beautiful dark rose shade. A light hand is needed with this one, but the end result is worth it. This is another that I think could work well for most skin tones, but if you have very fair skin (like me) definitely be careful with it!

Found Cosmetics Baked Illuminating Blush in Rose Glow
I found (see what I did there?) this brand at Walmart recently and learned that it is a new, natural, cruelty-free makeup line that is designed for Walmart. It seemed very similar to Burt's Bees but what immediately drew me in was this blush; I thought I found a dupe for the Hourglass Mood Exposure! The marbled finish is definitely similar, but I think this blush has a stronger sheen on the skin. If you love the color of Mood Exposure and like a more glowy finish, this could be a good option for you! It's a really good formula and I'm excited to try more from this brand.

Essence Satin Touch Blush in Satin Love
In the pan, I don't think this blush looks very special but the moment it's swatched it transforms into a pretty light pink. For such an affordable brand, I did not expect this blush to be good but the formula is great! It's very soft and easy to blend. Like Paaarty, I think this blush would work better for lighter skin tones, so if it would work for you I definitely recommend it! I hope Essence expands this line beyond their current two shades because for $2.99 you could get a great collection of blushes.

What are your favorite blushes for the colder seasons?

Xx Katie
13 comments on "Autumn/Winter Blushes"
  1. Loving the Hush Blush packaging, it's so pretty!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one from Pretty Vulgar looks so nice, I love dark pink shades too for this time of the year. Do they sell this brand only at Sephora?

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, unfortunately! They might have a website of their own

      Delete
  3. Hourglass blushers looks super pretty and rosey in their gorgeous packaging!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blushes look gorgeous! Whether it's warm toned or cool toned blushes I am obsessed with so many shades. One of my favorite categories of makeup.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been all about the nude blushes lately. The Pretty Vulgar blush looks like something I would love! I also wear the Tarte Paarty blush.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look so pretty. Ive been meaning to try an Essence blush for ages because they are so lovely and cheap.

    www.beautylifebecca.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to try out one of the famous Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushers, everyone always raves about them! I wish Tarte was just easier to get ahold of in the UK! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Tarte blushes, they're all so pretty xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Mood Exposure and I should really use it more. It's a very natural looking on me though.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love either medium plum-ish or bronzy blushes (like MAC Ambering Rose...I know you don't like MAC but it is a beautiful shade). Love the packaging on the Pretty Vulgar blushes.

    Hannah the Mad Dog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mood Exposure is my go-to autumn blusher - I love it!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer the mauve toned blushes more to the brighter ones. Hourglass blushes are so beautiful I have mood exposure in my shopping list. I love Tarte as well as Essence blushes. I like the shades you have chosen.:-)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9