April 22, 2018

18 in 2018 | Project Pan Update #2



It has been four months since I started this Project Pan so I figured it was time for an update! You can see the intro to this project here and my first update here if you would like to get caught up. This update I have made great progress and I have finished 6 products!

At the end of this post I'll write about the products I'm adding into this Project Pan. I also have a goal this year of finishing up $200 worth of product this year so I will update how that is going, too!

1. L'Oreal Pro Glow Foundation (not CF) | $11.99
FINISHED. I didn't think this would last me so long! I really loved this foundation and I'm sad that I won't be able to repurchase it because L'Oreal isn't cruelty-free.


2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer (not CF) | $8.99
I've made more progress this update than I did in the last (marked by nail polish lines) but I don't know if I will be able to finish it this year. I like this concealer but it isn't my favorite and I don't like using it every single day.


3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (not CF) | $3.99
As you can hopefully see I have expanded the pan on this powder! I use this every day in my T-zone and I'm making consistent progress on it.


4. Anastasia Fawn Contour Powder | $14.00
I'm trying to focus my use on one side of the pan, but I haven't noticed any progress on this contour powder. I only use a small amount so even though I use it often it will take me a long time to hit pan.


5. theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer sample | estimated $1.60
Finally I feel like I'm getting through this little sample! It's so difficult to get my brush in this product, otherwise I think I would have finished it already. I wish I had an empty pan to repress it into.


6. Trestique Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescence | $10.00
FINISHED. This cream highlighting stick was in my Project Pan last year so I'm happy that I finally finished it. I liked this highlighter a lot but I wouldn't repurchase it because I have a similar product from Flower Beauty!


7. Clinique Soft-Pressed Blush in Pink Blush (not CF) | $23.00
I made decent progress on this but it was getting hard to use so I repressed it to the center of the pan! I still think I will finish this within the year.


8. Makeup Revolution Fortune Favors the Brave Palette | $18.00
I hit pan on my first ever eyeshadow! I'm so excited with the progress I've made on this palette. My goal is to hit pan on five shades and I've hit pan on two of them, the cream shade at the bottom and the taupe shade on the top left. I'm starting to focus on other shades in the palette so I now have a good dip in the warmer transition shade and the top left highlighting shade.


9. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Soft Nude (not CF) | $7.99
I've only sharpened this once or twice since the last update. I wear it every day in my waterline but it is slow going!

10. Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner (not CF) | $5.89
I wish I had a way to measure how much of this I've used! I reach for it a lot when I want a simple black liner, but it isn't drying out yet and I can't tell when I will finish it.


11. MAC Lipstick in Hue (not CF) | $17.50
This is kept in my purse and I don't reach for it often, but when I do I have to reapply it a lot throughout the day because it is such a balmy formula. I've realized that I don't like this lipstick, the color or the formula. Hue is too peachy and the Glaze formula clings to any dry patches or lines on my lips. I will still try to use it but I've taken to pairing it with a lip gloss rather than wearing it on its own.


12. Rimmel x Kate lipstick in 45 (not CF) | $5.49
Unlike the MAC lipstick, this one I am wearing a lot more often! It's a really great nude and a creamy formula.

13. C.O. Bigelow Mint Lip Gloss | $7.50
I thought I had a long way to go with this gloss, but I must have squeezed out an air bubble or something because I'm close to finishing this. I've been keeping it in my purse and pairing it with MAC Hue.


14. Bodycology Coconut Lime Body Lotion (not CF) | estimated at $5.00
FINISHED. By putting this in my Project Pan I've started moisturizing my body daily, so I'm glad I included a body lotion! I enjoyed this scent for a while but I was getting sick of it by the time I finished it. I had this for a very long time so I'm glad I got my use out of it.


15. L'Oreal Pure Clay Exfoliate and Refine Mask (not CF) | $12.99
FINISHED. This product was fine to use once a week, but I didn't notice that it did anything special. Also, I hated the medicinal scent.


16. Elf Makeup Mist and Set | $2.99
I never used a setting spray regularly before this Project Pan, but now I really like how this product sort of melts my makeup together. It doesn't make my makeup last any longer, but it makes it looks less powdery which I like. Sorry it's a bit hard to see where the product is currently at, I should have marked it for this update before taking the photo!

17. Couture Couture Fragrance by Juicy Couture (possibly not CF) | estimated at $18.48
FINISHED. I was nearly drenching myself in this towards the end of this update because I really wanted to finish it! I didn't like the scent very much, I can't describe it but it just smelled...chemically. I couldn't tell you a single note in it, and it wasn't sweet, floral, fruity, musky, etc. Definitely one you would want to smell for yourself before buying it!

18. Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint Hand Sanitizer | estimated at $1.20
FINISHED. I keep a hand sanitizer in my purse and I've used up one every update so far!

This is a rolling Project Pan, so because I finished some products this month I'm going to add in some new ones.

New Add-ins:

1. Nyx Angel Veil Primer | $15.99
This is another base product to replace the L'Oreal Pro Glow foundation! I love this primer but it is the oldest one in my collection, so I want to try to finish it up.


2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (travel sized) | worth $10.00
I love Becca highlighters, but a full-size one is too big of a product for me to try to finish off! I got this little travel-size one in a set a few years ago so I will try to finish this one instead.

3. Purespa Lavender Body Lotion | estimated $5.00
I haven't been using this product for long but I can already tell it is going to be a struggle. It doesn't absorb very quickly and I hate the strong lavender scent. I'm going to try my best but there is a lot of product left!


4. Origins GinZing moisturizer (not CF) | $28.50
I used to love this moisturizer but I have come to realize that it isn't hydrating enough for my dry skin. However, it is an expensive product and I'd like to get some use out of it.

5. Heidi Klum Shine Perfume (maybe not CF) | $12.29
I have a perfume graveyard situation going on where I have a ton of perfumes and they are all getting older. This is one of the oldest and it's only a 15 ml bottle so I'm hoping to finish it quickly and move on to the other perfumes in my collection!

6. April Irresistible Apple Hand Sanitizer | estimated $1.00
I've finished two hand sanitizers in this project already so I might as well start another one! I like keeping these in my purse. I work retail so my hands touch a lot of money, clothes, and equipment.

And that is all the progress and updates with my 2018 Project Pan so far!

Previous total: $9.19
Value finished this month: $59.66
New total: $68.85

Let me know if you're trying to finish up any makeup, skincare, or haircare this year and how you're doing so far! 

Xx Katie
10 comments on "18 in 2018 | Project Pan Update #2"
  1. I love seeing these posts! Adding a body lotion is such a good idea, I'm not surprised you got sick of the scent though, as you used so much. Congrats on the progress girl!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you're keeping track of your progress! I think I need to pay more attention to my own collection of products! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, i think i might start to do this myself! Well done on finishing those products, i'm excited to see what you get through in the next few months! x

    https://aimeelillx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely keen on setting up a project pan for myself. I am tired of feeling like all I do is buy makeup but I never use it up - I definitely feel like I'm ready for it. You've done such an awesome job at panning your products - I've recently picked up L'Oreal Paris pro glow & i'm obsessed with it.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to finish many products especially skincare products, I have the bad habit of opening and trying a new product whilst using many similar ones so it's so difficult to finish some but I am trying my best!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love how in-depth these posts are! I always find that when you get to the very near end of a powder product, it either breaks into smithereens so you have no choice not to use it, or it just takes forever to finish! I have a couple of eyeshadow palettes I would love to project pan but they take so long ahah! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that's a lot of products. I thought 18 was a lot and now you added more :D
    I think I'm done with buying makeup for some time now as I also want to use up all products rather than having them go to waste after a long time. You inspired me so thank you :)
    Seeing these before and after pictures is oddly satisfying :D

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is soooooo satisfying to finish products up! I did 40 empties posts (my last one was in December) but have stopped doing them because a lot of products were being repeated! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing such an amazing job at getting through these. I never feel like I ever finish anything xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9