April 7, 2017

Review: LA Girl Pro Coverage Foundation & Mixer



By the end of winter, I'm always at my palest and none of my foundations match me well. There are now several white mixers on the market and I decided to pick one up! Soon after, I got the actual foundation as well.

This claims to be an affordable, illuminating, full coverage foundation. LA Girl is now sold at Ulta, Beauty Bay, and in some Walmarts, so it is fairly easy to find in many countries! I bought mine at Ulta for $8.99, not a bad price for almost an ounce of product.

Both of these foundations have the same clear plastic packaging with a black cap. You can see the shades through the bottle and it has a pump, which I love. While the packaging definitely isn't luxe, it is sturdy and easy to use.

While these two products are both part of the Pro Coverage line, I find that they have different formulas. The white mixing shade is thinner and less pigmented, which is obviously meant to make it easier to mix it in with foundations, while the actual foundation is thicker and packs a punch of coverage.

I've been using the white shade every single day with a variety of foundations, from my favorite Too Faced Born This Way to the Rimmel Lasting Perfection. It can make a thick foundation slightly more liquid, but otherwise it doesn't seem to change the consistency, coverage, or undertone of the foundation. It's definitely something that I will continue to use and love!

I'm not as impressed with the foundation, but it is still a good drugstore option. It has great coverage and is extremely illuminating. If you have oily skin, it will probably be too dewy for you! I have normal/dry skin and still need to set this in a lot of areas. I've noticed that it starts to separate on my T zone after a few hours, even after setting it with a powder.

The shade selection is somewhat disappointing. There are sixteen shades including the white option, but I got the lightest shade and it is still too dark for me, perhaps to encourage the sale of the white mixer shade. I'm really glad to see a variety of darker shades, but I wish there were a few lighter options for my fellow pale girls. However, I think Fair will suit me well in the summer and I'll continue to use it, but probably not on 8+ hour days.

Swatches: Fair, White, and (very poorly) mixed

If you also struggle with dark foundations, definitely check out the white foundation mixer, and if you have dry skin you may love the foundation, too!

Have you tried or wanted to try this foundation? Do you have a mixer that you like?
Xx Katie
22 comments on "Review: LA Girl Pro Coverage Foundation & Mixer"
  1. I'm so excited that they're sold at Ulta now! I'll have to pick one up the next time I place an order on their site. It's a shame you weren't able to find a perfect shade match :( At least they have the white mixer. That's a shame that it started separating on you. The foundation has received so much hype lately it's almost nice to hear a more realistic review lol. Thanks for sharing your honest opinions :D

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, thanks for sharing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that the foundation works kinda well during winter since I do have quite oily skin. I don't think it's too much dewy for me though because I have been loving a more fresh face dewy finish recently :)
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully I can get to Ulta soon, this foundation has been on my wanting the try list for ages.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a refreshing review to read because everywhere else and everyone else sang only high praises about the foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mostly have darker shades of foundation in my collection that are only suitable for my summer tanned skin and I find it difficult to find a natural looking and lighter shade for my winter skin. Too bad this one is too dark for you.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the mixer! thanks for sharing :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks really interesting, I love the idea of the mixer how unique! Lovely review.

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This looks SO cool! The Mixer looks really interesting. Thank you so much for the incredible review complete with fab photographs!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to have a mixer, both a darker and lighter! So many of my foundations are just slightly wrong!! This one sounds amazing, not so sure about the foundation though as I don't think it'd be too great on my oily skin!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think the foundation would work with my oily skin! Really want to get a mixer, I have a few foundations that aren't a great shade match and it seems like such a good idea!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never tried the foundation or any sort of mixer. I just think it can sometimes be difficult to get the mixture right. Great review!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! need to get my hands on this!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think even the lightest shade will be too dark for me even with the mixer as I am so pale and it doesn't get better for me in the summer unfortunately as I don't tan I just go a nasty shade of red when I get sunburnt . Great review though. X

    Andrea
    Beautywithandre36.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very educating story, saved your site for hopes to read more! cheap stand mixer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. dark0de market url

    ReplyDelete
  17. L.A. Girl's Pro. matte Foundation evens out skin tone with a soft suede matte finish. The long-wearing formula is light weight and is a medium to full coverage foundation. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage and evens skin tone.
    LA Girl Products Online In Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

  18. hi dear, thank you for providing such a useful information to your blog readers. Am searching for bridal makeup artist in hyderabad if you have any recommendations or suggestions please reply here. Am waiting for your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice information I really loved your way of representation. I am also searching for bridal makeup artist in hyderabad. Suggest the best option. Am waiting for your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is more suited for everyday use and depending on the formula, it lasts for up to a few hours. The difference between normal makeup and HD makeup is that HD makeup can withstand extreme heat and light conditions, while normal makeup tends to break down after a few hours.
    la girl pro matte foundation price

    ReplyDelete
  21. The LA Girl Products foundation range is designed to provide a flawless canvas for your makeup. With a wide range of shades to suit every skin tone, their foundations offer buildable coverage and a natural finish. Whether you prefer a dewy look or a matte finish, LA Girl Foundation in Pakistan has the perfect foundation for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i always want full covrage foundation to do my makeup as i have combine skin and most of foundation didn't suit my skin kindle tablet price in pakistan
    Essence original mascara price in pakistan but this foundation stay well on my skin and give very natural look

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9