October 19, 2017

Holy Grail Highlighters



Is there a more beautiful makeup product than a highlighter? All the shimmer and shine of an eyeshadow, but designed to make you look lit from within. They are some of my favorite products to buy and look at, even if all of my favorite shades are only slightly different from each other.

Most of my favorites are on more high-end side, but if I know of any dupes I will definitely be mentioning them!

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone
My #1. The ultimate Holy Grail. This is my perfect highlighter. Compared to some of the other Shimmering Skin Perfectors I have, Moonstone is smoother and more variable than something like Champagne Pop. Moonstone can be built up to be super blinding, or it can be sheered out and look more natural. The pale gold is really flattering for my skin tone and I think could work for most light to light-medium skin tones.

TheBalm Mary Louminizer
This highlighter is famous in the blogger world, and rightfully so! In the pan it doesn't look like much, but as soon as it is swatched it gives off the most beautiful sheen. I find this one really easy to use and very wearable, perfect for someone who is just getting into the highlighting trend.


MAC Soft and Gentle (not CF)
I didn't want to include any non-cruelty free items in this post, but I couldn't skip over this highlighter! Soft and Gentle is definitely not soft or gentle, as it is a blinding highlight. This one has some noticeable shimmers in it and a peachy undertone. I think that Elf's baked highlighter in Blush Gems is an extremely similar color, but the formula is much rougher than MAC's to me. It's definitely worth looking into if you want an affordable or a cruelty-free dupe for MAC's popular highlighter! Just remember to scrape off the top layer, otherwise there is no pigment to it.

Soft and Gentle vs Blush Gems

Colourpop Lunch Money
I think that the Colourpop highlighters are the best drugstore-priced highlighters that I've tried. They have such an interesting formula: moussey and creamlike, but not an actual cream. Lunch Money is a beautiful champagne shade that blends so nicely into the cheekbones. They have a ton of different shades, from light pearl to pink to bronze, so there should be one for everyone.

Gerard Star Powder in Audrey
For a truly blinding highlight, look no further. This formula can practically be seen from space--perfect for a night out! Each of the Star Powders are named after famous Hollywood women, such as Grace Kelly or Marilyn Monroe. I of course went for the one inspired by Audrey Hepburn, even if it does have a stronger gold undertone than I'm used to!

Moonstone, Mary-Louminizer, Soft and Gentle, Lunch Money, Audrey

What are your favorite highlighters?

Xx Katie
16 comments on "Holy Grail Highlighters"
  1. I need to get a full size of Moonstone, it's so pretty. Mary Lou is also a favorite. I have Soft and Gentle on my wishlist.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Soft and Gentle is one of my favourite highlighters ever. I'd love to try the Mary Louminizer!
    Amber x
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Becca highlighter in Opal is literally my every single day highlight haha obsessed!

    Beauty & Colour | Vegan Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Becca Moonstone too! Sometimes I like to use the liquid version and mix it with my foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite highlighters, ugh it's hard to answer! I love Soft & Gentle, ABH Glow Kits and my recent obsession are the Tarte ones! xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the Anastasia ones, they look so good! x

      Delete
  6. The Colour Pop highlighters look so good! I really want to get my hands on some but those damn customs! Love MAC MSF, great post xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful! A few of my faves are in here :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have a HG highlighter yet, I am just too fickle for it. I do reach for Becca highlighters the most and my Marc Jacobs Dew Me stick highlighter.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mary Lou Manizer is up there for me too! I will definitely have to check out the Gerard highlighters - the swatch looks amazing :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Becca Moonstone but love the Mary Louminizer. The essence nude highlighter is also one of my favs. The colorpop ones are on my wish list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I'm looking for a nice subtle champagne highlighter, you gave me some options here. MAC one looks great :)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. You need to try Wet N Wild highlighters ! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last month was my brother's wedding I did my makeover from Lina Cameron, who trains best makeup lesson. She usedt The balm-Mary lou highlighter on me and I love that glow so much! I was confused till, I should go for this or not, but after reading your post I am definitely going to buy this! Thanks love for your review! <3

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9