September 9, 2016

Review: Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector



I’m not gonna lie, color correcting scares me. Putting green, red, or purple anywhere but my eyelids sounds like a recipe for disaster. However, I did want to try out the trend but in a more subtle way. The Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector seemed like the perfect way to try it out with little room to mess up—but how well does it work?


First of all, I was drawn in by the packaging. Becca always has sophisticated but beautiful packaging and this little corrector is no exception. The lid is a metallic rose gold color with the Becca logo on it. The little pot is glass and it feels high-end. The product inside is tightly secured but I really dislike using a jar. It feels unsanitary to me. However, I understand the need for it because the product inside is too solid to in a standard doe-foot concealer tube or a squeeze tube. 

My corrector looks a bit wack because I left my makeup bag in my car one day and it melted. The container was slightly tipped so it all melted to one side and ruined its good looks. The product is still usable, even if it doesn’t look nice anymore (Blogger probs).

The product itself has a creamy consistency that almost feels sticky, which can make it hard to blend. You can use either a brush or your finger. I want to use a brush but the product warms up when you use a finger and then it blends better, so I usually suck it up and pick up a tiny bit with my finger.
This corrector is a pale pink/peach shade that has a luminosity to it. It claims to be a universal corrector but personally I think this would be far too pale for medium or deep skin tones. For my fair skin, however, it’s a great corrector as red/orange shades are usually too dark!

I like that I can use this product on its own without layering another concealer over it, which you have to do with most correctors just to cover up the color. The Becca Undereye brightening corrector doesn’t have a ton of coverage to it but it does a great job at brightening the undereye area and neutralizing dark circles. If you have severe darkness, this probably won’t be enough on its own and I would recommend using another concealer or a more peachy-toned corrector. Thankfully my dark circles aren’t too full-on so I find that this product does a lot for me. Also, because it’s so luminous I think it would make a great cream highlighter!

I haven't experienced any creasing with this product but to be fair, I've never had a concealer crease on me before and I don't think my undereye area is prone to creasing. 

                                                             Blended; Unblended 


For me, I think this is worth the money but I suggest trying it out instore to see if it would work for your specific needs. I think only a small spectrum of people would find this beneficial and I’m happy that I fit into it, but I can’t recommend to everyone it if it isn’t truly a universal shade and formula. 

What do you think of this product and correctors in general? 
Xx Katie
14 comments on "Review: Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector"
  1. I have used becca orange corrector and I love it. This sounds good to me and I am intrigues to try it out :)

    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/elf-glitter-primer-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered that one as well, now that I'm more used to color correcting I might give it a go! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great product, I would wear it on no-makeup makeup days when I want a little something under my eye but not super high coverage.

    Tia | The 10am Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for that! On more full-coverage days I like to wear a concealer over top of it :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to try this :-) I always love your reviews!
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the urban decay one and I have really been loving using it, really really loving it :) This is the same idea, and I love this one :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea they had a corrector - I'll have to look out for this one!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of the brand before! would love to try it! Great post <3
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely sounds interesting and as I've never tried colour correcting sounds like a good one to try if as you say you don't need to put concealer over top! Lovely post and review :)
    Beth X

    bethabigail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to try this for so long, my under eye circles annoy me so much I might buy this when I go to America!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This concealer looks gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister recommended eye care dermalmd serum to me and my dermatologist endorsed it. I have tried almost every product on the market to try and minimize the swollen bags under my eyes. Nothing worked. This serum does!! It works on the first application. I have sensitive skin so I only use it once a day instead of twice and that’s not a problem. It still works! I recommend dermalmd highly!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9