September 30, 2016

September Favorites


Since the fall semester began, time has seemed to speed up. My summer actually went by very slowly but the leaves are starting to change, I've had my first exams and every blog I read is full of autumn posts! I've had a look back on the past month and I've picked out several items that I've been loving lately.


Starting with beauty, as usual, I've tried a lot of new products and I've fallen in love with a fair few!

Too Faced Born This Way foundation
I purchased this at the end of August and from the first application I knew it would be a firm favorite of mine. This offers high coverage with a luminous finish and it may soon become my holy grail. My only wish is that I could go back in time and purchase a different shade, as I was overly optimistic about maintaining my tan.

Origins GinZing moisturizer 
Another summer purchase, this moisturizer is light, refreshing and hydrating. I look forward to using it every morning just for the scent! It soaks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or oily. I don't usually get excited about skincare but this is just lovely.

MAC Matte lipstick in Velvet Teddy
I finally got around to trying out this popular shade and I can see why it's so hyped--this is a beautiful warm, terracotta nude. MAC's matte formula is one of my favorites and I can see this color being a staple for me throughout the colder months.

Morphe 35OS palette
My first Hautelook purchase was this massive all-shimmer palette from Morphe, which I'd never tried before. The original 35O is very loved in the blogosphere and I've heard a few people raving about their shimmer shades, so I opted for the 35O shimmer over the 35O matte. There are so many great neutrals to choose from and the formula of a majority of the shadows is incredible. I did a full review here if you'd like to see all the shades swatched!



Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Face Palette
I was lucky enough to win this limited-edition palette in a giveaway from Christie and Natalie! Since it arrived I haven't stopped using it, either for the gorgeous highlighters or the pigmented blushes. Champagne Pop really is beautiful and while Prosecco Pop is too dark for me at the moment, it looks amazing on the eyes. Rose Spritz is my favorite blush from the palette, it's like a mixture of Pamplemousse and Prosecco Pop. Some of these shades are still available in the Champagne Splits if you'd like to get them for yourself!

Essie Starry Starry Night
Several weeks ago I watched a SimplyNailogical video about this nail polish--well, not this exact one, but the original formula which is now worth up to $200. Essie revived the popular shade but changed the formula slightly, from what I've heard. While I don't think it's worth $200, it is certainly worth the $5 I paid for it at TJ Maxx! This dark navy blue with silver glitter really does look like a starry night after two coats have been applied!

                Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Velvet Teddy

Many of my favorite TV shows have had season premieres since my last favorites post, including American Horror Story, Scream Queens and How to Get Away With Murder. AHS kept this year's theme a secret until the premiere and I think it was well worth the wait. The theme is American Horror Story: Roanoke and I think it's going to be an amazing season! Hotel was underwhelming, in my opinion, but Roanoke has a really interesting documentary style and it's based on the missing Roanoke settlement, a part of American history that has always fascinated me.

As for Scream Queens, I don't fully understand this season yet but it still makes me laugh and it now has Taylor Lautner, so it obviously deserves to be in this post. And How to Get Away With Murder only premiered last week, but the episode was so captivating that I know I'm going to love this season just as much as the last two.

I've been reading a new release from Cassandra Clare, who wrote one of my favorite series 'The Mortal Instruments'. Clare's newest series is set in the same universe but around Emma Carstairs, who is investigating the murder of her parents. I wasn't sure if I would like the first installment, Lady Midnight, but it's really gripping and I've been reading it every night before bed!

And finally, a guilty pleasure of mine that I don't talk about much is celebrity gossip. I know a lot of people don't like it, and personally I don't get too invested in it, but I do like to know what's going on and one of my favorite sites for that is Dlisted. There are only a few posts per day so it isn't overwhelming like some other popular gossip sites (ahem Perez Hilton) and the blogger slams literally everyone so it's good for a laugh!

What have you been loving this month?

Xx Katie


16 comments on "September Favorites"
  1. I know so many love that Becca Face palette but I dislike mine. I find the blushers to drier in texture and the pigmentation is poor so mine is sitting on the side almost untouched. :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you got a bad batch, mine are incredibly pigmented! :(

      Delete
  2. Your September favourites is basically my entire wishlist right now!! I am dying to try the Two Faced foundation, Mac Velvet Teddy and Morphe Palette! Love that you have such positive reviews for all three of them, I need to get shopping asap!

    Tash
    natashatodd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velvet Teddy is the perfect shade to transition from summer to fall! I need to start watching How to get away with murder asap, I heard so many good things about this show. I started watching Empire recently and I am hooked! Have you watched it?

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few episodes and it's so good! I need to binge watch it

      Delete
  4. Great favourites! So many lovely things in here. I also really like the Becca x JH palette! And that Morphe palette is just gorgeous! I have the matte version but really want to get the shimmer.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essie Starry Night is gorgeous!! I love Essie polishes, they have the best range of shades :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Morphe palette is gorgeous, I've had a window open on my laptop with it in my basket for the last day - may have to just get it! x

    emily-alice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of my favorites in one post! I actually went through a whole bottle of the Too Faced foundation because I loved it that much. I haven't repurchase because there were so many I wanted to try. The Becca Face palette is always a fave and that Morphe palette is just gorgeous!

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shades look beautiful. I haven't tried a moisturiser for Origins before x

    Tiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want these eyeshadows, unfortunatelly I cannot find it anywhere in Poland, what a shame:(

    http://giustinella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the jaclyn hill palette is so beautiful!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly reach for the Becca palette so much! It was well with the money :) I really want to try the Too Faced foundation too, though I have quite a few on the go at the moment already ...

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really didn't get on with my Born this Way foundation, will need to give it another try! I'm so far behind in AHS, I found Hotel a bit boring so sort of stopped half way, need to watch Roanoke!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Hotel much either, this season is a lot different thankfully!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9