September 27, 2016

September Ipsy Bag Review



This month my Ipsy bag arrived later than usual, so I gave into the temptation and started checking out what others received in their bags! This is always a bad idea as I start putting together my perfect bag in my head and I rarely get to try out those products. I was really eyeing the Tarte Tarteist mascara sample, but overall I'm happy with this month's Glam Bag!



The theme for this month is full-glam makeup, makeup that makes a statement rather than looks natural. I can see how some of the products fit that description but others seem very natural to me.

The first item I received is an eyeshadow palette from one of my favorite drugstore brands, Elf. I've only worn two of the shades and I really liked them, and two of the others feel really nice, too. The highlighting shade, on the other hand, feels very chunky and glittery. I love the purple tones in here but I'll probably end up using a highlight shade from a different palette or whatever highlighter I'm wearing that day.

                                            Elf Smoked to Perfection eyeshadow palette

The next product is (I think) a moisturizer from Naked cosmetics, their aloe cream. This feels thicker than most face moisturizers but based on my online research it is for skincare and it claims to have some great benefits! It supposedly promotes cell regeneration, softens the skin and soothes it. I've been using it as a hand cream for the past few days (oops) so obviously I haven't seen any of these results, but my skin is already drying out from the cold so I'm happy to test a new moisturizer.

I was happy to see a Too Faced product this month, I know that their Hangover primer was featured in a Glam Bag a few months ago. I got a good sample of the Lip Injection Extreme plumping lip gloss. While I've never been very interested in getting bigger lips, I was immediately curious about this product and slathered it on. They looked a little bit bigger at first, nothing special, but after a few minutes of wear my lips started to tingle. It wasn't too uncomfortable, but it wasn't pleasant, either. It definitely plumped my lips, though! If you're looking for a product like this, I'd recommend it, but otherwise you might find it unpleasant. And be careful with it on the skin as it seems to irritate the skin if you wipe it off or get some around your lips!

Next up is a hair product from a brand called Briogeo. My hair is very dry so I was happy to get their Don't Despair, Repair! deep conditioning treatment. I used this the other day and my hair was considerably softer. It is recommended to leave this on anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes, and I only did 5, so next time I'll go for longer and see if I have even better results.

The last item is not pictured but it was a blush from Bella Pierre cosmetics in the color "Autumn Glow". It was sort of a peachy gold color with some shimmer and it was in a loose powder jar. I prefer pink toned blushes so I didn't think I'd use it and I gave it to a friend before I could photograph it. On deeper skin tones I think it would have worked as a highlighter rather than a blush!

While this wasn't my favorite Glam Bag, I know for sure I'll use the conditioner, moisturizer, and the Elf palette so I'm pleased with it. The sample sizes were all really good this month, in particular. I'm also going to make everyone I know try the lip plumper and laugh when the tingling starts!

Would you be excited about any of these products?

Xx Katie
9 comments on "September Ipsy Bag Review"
  1. The elf palette looks amazing, I love the shades! I will make sure I add this to my next order, I have so many elf products I want to try and this is a great addition!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the feeling of plumping lip glosses to much! The aloe cream sounds really nice though :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this bag before but love the contents! Lip plumpers are an essential for me as I love the effects they give and how they hydrate my lips x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review dear, thanks for sharing!

    Faye .x

    Blog: http://fayeisabella.co.uk/2016/09/the-street-style-debate-response-to-us.html
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fayeisabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could get Ipsy over here in the UK, it looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    Darriyan♡ | www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try the Briogeo Deep conditioning treatment so I think I might pick it up. My hair has been so dry lately. The shades in the elf palette are pretty too.

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shadows look gorgeous! I love Elf x

    www.phillippabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bag itself! Also the shadows are so pretty!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9