June 20, 2016

First Makeup Geek Haul!


Well, I finally did it: I took the plunge and placed a Makeup Geek order. I’ve been making a MUG eyeshadow wishlist for months now so I did a bit of research and narrowed it down to five eyeshadows, two foiled and three regular.

At the moment I’m keeping the shadows in my MAC pro palette, but they keep sliding around so I’m going to order a Z palette to store them properly. The five that I purchased don’t really go together, but they all drew me in for different reasons and I think I’ll get a lot of use out of them, especially once I start building a Makeup Geek palette!

Starting with the regular shadows, I bought Shimma Shimma, Cinderella and Rapunzel. I love the formula of all of these, although they are all a little bit different! Shimma Shimma is naturally the most shimmery and the formula is very smooth and pigmented. Rapunzel is also shimmery but when applied or swatched it looks more sheer. This feels so incredibly silky. Cinderella, while slightly shimmery, by comparison is less pigmented and the shimmer isn’t very noticeable.

Shimma Shimma is a very popular highlight shade and now I can see why! This pale silvery-pink color is perfect for the inner forcer. I also like to use it on the center of the lid in combination with Cinderella for  a bit of extra glow.

Rapunzel can be worn on the lid or as a highlight shade. It’s a stunning pale yellow-gold. I haven’t noticed any fallout with this, likewise with the other regular shadows, and I think this will be really versatile in a palette.

Cinderella is a pale pink shade that isn’t quite as pigmented as the other shades I bought. I personally love wearing pink on my eyes as long as it isn’t too bright, so this definitely delivers. It compliments Starry Eyed, one of the foiled shades I bought, and Shimma Shimma really well.

As I mentioned before, I bought two foiled shades. The Makeup Geek foiled eyeshadows have been incredibly hyped and my expectations were high. The two I bought don’t quite live up to expectations, but I do really enjoy them and they look stunning on the eyes. My biggest issue with them is fallout; they are a little bit chunky and when they are applied with a brush the glitter seems to go down my face. I find it much better to apply them with my fingers for a beautiful finish.
      Swatches from left to right: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Shimma Shimma, Starry Eyed, Flamethrower

The first foiled shade I bought, which I mentioned before, was Starry Eyed. This has the most gorgeous metallic finish, just the sort that I like. However, like I said earlier, this can be a little chunky and it’s tricky to apply, but the end result is so worth it!

The last eyeshadow that I purchased, another foiled shade, is the one I was most excited about. It’s called Flamethrower and it’s a pure, metallic copper unlike any other eyeshadow I own. I love wearing this all over the lid for a unique and somewhat bold eye look. It lasted all day without a primer but again, I like using my fingers for this shade to avoid fallout or patchiness!

Overall I’m thrilled with the quality of the Makeup Geek eyeshadows. For the same price as MAC, I think these are a better formula for me. I can’t wait to order more!

Do you have any MUG shadows?

Xx Katie
30 comments on "First Makeup Geek Haul! "
  1. These eyeshadows are LIFE, I love the bronze color because it looks so fierce!

    Have a nice day xx

    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That copper colour is perfect, thanks for sharing! I love your blog too by the way, would love to follow each other and stay in touch.. let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think I already follow you! x

      Delete
  3. I love MUG shadows! You picked some lovely colours! I love their matte formula!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a fab haul! I so need Flamethrower in my life, what an absolute beauty!!! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! All of the colours are stunning but I really love Flamethrower! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing Makeup Geek everywhere!! I really need to order something!! Lovely post! Flamethrower is sooo pretty!!

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have about 12 MUG shadows and they are really nice. I love them in Zpalettes!

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those foiled ones look amazing, it's a shame there's a lot of fall out and they're difficult to work with though. Maybe theyre best for special occasions when you have a long time to do makeup! I really need to try this brand.

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a fan of cool toned eyeshadows (they don't suit me), but I really like flamethrower, it is beautiful!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so pretty! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous haul! I love MUG shadows although I don't have many. You have some great selection there. Of the five you have, I own Shimma Shimma and I love it! Great picks! x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't own anything from MUG, but if these are better than MAC then it sounds like I need to invest in some! Interesting read. X

    ♥ Carly Susanne - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shimma Shimma and Flamthrower are two of my favourites - I'm absolutely obsessed with Makeup Geek eyeshadows!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't tried anything from Makeup Geek before but I really want to! You got such nice shadows :)


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I spend my time looking at these swatches and I haven't noticed flamethrower up until now, it looks incredible!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG look at flamethrower! I would love to try these :D

    Have a great day!
    xoSE

    HTTP://WWW.SASHAELIZABETH.COM
    HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/XOSASHAELIZABETH
    HTTPS://TWITTER.COM/SASHAELIZABETHO

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one brand I am yet to add to my ever expanding collection! I especially like shimma what a pretty colour! Bean's Beauty Blog I may have to place an order x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I've never tried anything from Makeup Geek before but heard some great things about their stuff! I love love love the look of these eyeshadows, they seem so lovely and wearable but Flamethrower is deffo my fave here - it's so bold and I adore the metallic finish! Thanks for sharing, darling. :) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flamethrower is an absolutely stunning shade! It reminds me a little of Amber Lights from MAC but I think this shade is nicer. I definitely want to get myself some Makeup Geek shadows now!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post! Starry eyed looks like such a gorgeous colour!
    Nicola x
    www.thebeautymonologue.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want Shimma Shimma and Flamethrower right now - they look amazing in your swatches. I've heard so many good things about MUG shadows but am yet to try any myself

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love MUG so much they're eye shadows are amazing, Cinderella is probably my favourite that I have it's so pretty!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been wanting to try MUG eyeshadows for ages now, but its so hard to narrow it down. I really like the look of flamethrower x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Flamethrower is so beautiful! I am dying to try out some Makeup Geek products and I can't wait to create my own Z palette! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love MUG blushes and eyeshadows. The quality is amazing and the prices don't break the bank.

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cinderella looks really good but other colors are amazing as well :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to get more MUG items especially after falling in love with my MannyMUA palette. But I saw on trendmood1 on Instagram that hey are coming out with more shades this month, especially a bright green one that I have been eyeing, so I'll just wait until then!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9