June 4, 2016

Lash Sensational vs. Lash Sensational Luscious



Has there been a drugstore mascara more hyped than the Maybelline Lash Sensational? It’s a holy grail for many and considering how affordable it is, I had to try it!



Of course, the day I went to buy it I was in a rush and accidentally purchased a more recent release, the Lash Sensational Luscious. Eventually I went back and bought the original as well so now I thought I would compare the two!

Just to be clear: I’m not really a mascara person. I wear it and I have quite a few to choose from, but overall I prefer more natural lashes. If it clumps, I immediately dislike it. Therefore with both of these mascaras I wasn’t a fan at first. The formula is very wet, especially when it’s brand new, which caused it to clump too much for my liking. However, if you like the somewhat spidery look you most likely wouldn’t have a problem with it! I waited a week or two for the formulas to dry and then found them more suited to my mascara needs. I haven’t noticed a difference in between either of these formulas, so what really separates these mascaras apart from each other are the wands!

The wands are somewhat similar, being that they are both from the Lash Sensational line. The bristles are plastic and are set in rows. I included photos as there is no way to get an accurate view of these wands from words alone! The original Lash Sensational is curved, which I like, and the bristles are slightly finer which I think helps to separate and catch the lashes.
                                                      Lash Sensational Luscious wand
                                                               Lash Sensational wand

Both mascaras help your eyelashes to look thicker and more voluminous, but for me the original Lash Sensational goes the extra mile. It holds a curl and really delivers in the length area. The Luscious version is a bit clumpier and you have to be more careful when you use it. The original Lash Sensational isn’t my favorite everyday mascara (that honor goes to the Maybelline Colossal) and it’s not my favorite for a night out (all hail the Stila Huge Extreme Lash) but I can certainly see why people like it!


Based on my experience, if you’re going to go for one of the Lash Sensationals the original takes the cake. I think both of these products might work better for someone with shorter/sparser/heavier lashes or for those who simply like a lot of oomph if you know what I mean. For such a great price, either of these are worth a try!

Have you tried either of the Lash Sensational mascaras? Do you have a preference?

Xx Katie
30 comments on "Lash Sensational vs. Lash Sensational Luscious"
  1. I found this post really interesting! I have only tried the original lash sensational and like you I hated it at first but I then left it for a few weeks and I fell in love with it! I never knew there was a lash sensational luscious so I need to go and check it out! Great post! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both! But I prefer the original a bit more because of how the wand separates lashes better. x

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Maybelline NY and especially mascaras...I've so many and always are good!!!Nice post!!!Kisses
    Sophia
    www.sophiasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the Lash Sensational! It looks gorgeous on you!

    http://gemmaandthelittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lashes are so long! I'm very jealous haha, this is a great comparison! I think I'll stick with the OG as I love it xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try the original one and especially after reading this comparison, I'm definitely trying the original! Does it weigh down your lashes at all? I have a problem with keeping a curl!

    Jenny Loves Beauty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tried these but generally I love Maybelline mascaras! x

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only have the original and it is one of my favourite mascaras. Both of the mascaras seem to give good amount of volume after the first coat, I think I will stick to my original one for now :) x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I actually haven't tried this mascara yet, but it's because I'm caught in a sea of mascara with not enough lashes to use it all on. This is one I've heard a lot of great things about & I'd love to try it! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh yeah, I can see from the photo that the luscious version is more clumpy. I think I'll stick to the original.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a massive fan of the Lash Sensational mascara! I had the waterproof mascara but like you found it very wet at the start then quite clumpy! It did give me volume but I always ran through my lashes with a clean spoolie to separate then after!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I was the only one that noticed how wet the Luscious mascara is! Like you, I accidentally got this one instead of the original. Boo. I want to like it. But I'll suck it up using it for the next 3 months.

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HATE mascaras! They all make my eyelashes go straight down, it doesn't matter if its high end or drugstore. I bought the black version on a whim last month and I'm in loooooove with it. I didn't even know there was a difference I just thought the black was waterproof and the pink one wasn't. Now I'm curious about the original.

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I think the original is better at holding a curl but if it isn't broke don't fix it!

      Delete
  14. I have heard that so many people have had really good experiences with the original but unfortunately, it didn't really work for me. I think with asian lashes, fiber mascaras work a lot better. Such a shame because I really wanted this to work for me!


    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have both and your comparison was right on. I love the look of the Lash Sensational and that is actually my favorite one although I do enjoy the Luscious as well. x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These mascaras look awesome, maybelline always have awesome mascaras. I love their colossal volume mascara. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, they are similar but for me there's just *something* about the original that edges it ahead :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the original one! Its the mascara that i use every single day! I've not tired the other one yet :0
    Kia x x x

    http://www.itskiaerin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the original one!! I've never tried the other one, but I can see that the original one does win between the two :)xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing such a good post for more information visit Custom Mascara Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting blog, It is very useful to me pls visit our site Cosmetics Kit Rigid Box

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found this post really interesting! I have only tried the original lash sensational and like you I hated it at first but I then left it for a few weeks and I fell in love with it! I never knew there was a lash sensational luscious so I need to go and check it out! Great post! Xเว็บพนันถูกกฎหมาย ufabet

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9