March 8, 2016

Review: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors


 
When it comes to highlighters, there is perhaps none that is more hyped in the blogging community than the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors. I have two in my collection, a travel sized one in the shade Opal and a full-sized one in the shade Moonstone. I have been using these bad boys for several months now and I can’t wait to tell you my thoughts on them!

The packaging of the two is very different. Opal, the travel-sized, is in a sturdy dark taupe plastic container with the brand name on the front in silver. It’s small but it packs a decent amount of product! Moonstone is, of course, a much larger full-sized product and it has dark taupe casing with silver metal on the front. It feels high-quality and very soft, similar to the Nars packaging except for the metal front. Both the travel-sized and the full-sized include mirrors, which is always a plus!

 
Now to the more important part: the product. After swatching Opal (right), a cool-toned gold, in the store, I immediately loved how smooth and pigmented it was. It could be built up for a highlight seen from space or easily blended out for a subtle shimmer. Unfortunately, I don’t think Opal suits me because it is darker than my skin so while it is still shimmery and beautiful on my cheekbones, it doesn’t bring them out the way a highlight is supposed to. Instead, I use it as an eye shadow or as a highlight on my cupid’s bow.

However, I loved the formula so much that I went back and bought a full-sized version of Moonstone (left), a light champagne shade. Moonstone is perfect for fair people like me, and there is an even lighter shade called Pearl for those who are very pale. Opal would look stunning on those with deeper skin tones, and there are a lot more shades to choose from than the three I mentioned! Champagne Pop is especially popular.

Both of these highlights are smooth, soft, and richly pigmented. The product melts into your skin and catches the light beautifully. They are very blendable and can look natural or be exaggerated depending on how strong of a highlight you want. I can’t recommend them enough! I like to apply Moonstone to my cheekbones with a contour brush and then use Opal on my Cupid’s bow or on my eyes with a variety of eye shadow brushes. But seriously, you can apply these any way you want and they will still look amazing.

If you’re in the market for a new highlighter, definitely check these out! You can purchase a Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed here or in various stores that carry high-end products!

Xx Katie
32 comments on "Review: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors"
  1. Great Post, I have Champagne pop but but Moonstone is on my list to get next it just looks beautiful. Becca's formula is just so beautiful and they are super smooth to apply.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Champagne Pop is a beautiful shade, I considered it before deciding on a lighter color.

      Delete
  2. becca always has awesome products! i'm raving to try Opal, that particular shade of gold would work awesome with my skin. thanks for posting this!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it, it's a great product! x

      Delete
  3. They're so pretty! Champagne Pop looks beautiful and I love the name! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound and look lovely, I'm in search of a highlighter so will have to look out for these. Absolutely love the name 'champagne pop' too! http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of want to get that one next, although Moonstone is the perfect shade for me!

      Delete
  5. I have the Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop but I need to try some more shades, I think I need Opal - It's so beautiful! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite, I have Opal but I want to try Champagne Pop!

      Delete
  6. I'm yet to try these. I haven't seen Becca in any stores near me but when I do I'll be sure to swatch them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them, they swatch and apply beautifully!

      Delete
  7. I actually only have Champagne Pop out of their Pressed highlighters but I wanted Opal for so long and it was sold out for ages. I ended up getting the Poured version but this is making me want it in this formula too...xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champagne Pop looks amazing, I considered that one before getting Moonstone. I've only tried the pressed and liquid versions of this, I'd love to see how they compare to the poured :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow aren't these gorgeous! I would love to get my hands on a Becca highlighter but have so many already and don't know if I can justify the price of them, even though they do look stunning! I think Opal is a winner for me, it seems so warm toned and can imagine it looking beautiful on tanned skin! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really looks gorgeous! In love with your blog by the way xx
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want a Becca highlighter now!

    Darriyan x | http://darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look lovely, I myself am not very amazing at highlighter, but I do love the way it looks Xx

    -Maya// mayasienna13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, I can never get it to look they way it does in photos!

      Delete
  13. I love the one that is cool-toned gold. It looks really nice!

    Laura
    http://furiouslychic.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only recently started experimenting with highlighters so I think I may need to go and get a Becca one!

    Stacey | www.thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are amazing! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that Moonstone is amazing for people with fair skin, especially because when you're really pale sometimes it can be hard to find a flattering highlighter. I have Moonstone as well and it's quickly become one of my favourite highlighters!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so disappointed when Opal was too dark for me!

      Delete
  17. Love this post!!! Those colours are gorgeous!! I may have to treat myself to these.
    http://thebeautylifehb.blogspot.co.uk/

    Hanna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you love it if you end up getting it! x

      Delete
  18. really struggling trying to decide between Pearl & Champagne pop. such a hard decision! lol I'm glad you love them though, they are so beautiful!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9