March 24, 2016

Spring Make-up Inspiration


 
 
Hello everyone and Happy Spring! Despite the fact that it is snowing outside (damn Michigan!) I’ve still been letting myself get into the spring mood: pastel nails, bright cheeks, pink lips. Although I love winter beauty trends, it’s so refreshing to change it up a bit and let go of the dark eyes and berry lips. Here are some of my favorite beauty products to launch myself into the new season!

From left to right, Rimmel foundation, Benefit High Beam, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, and Mary Kay Pink Sapphire Blush
For spring, I love a flawless, luminous complexion and this foundation provides! For a full-coverage product, this foundation is surprisingly light and it ends up looking very natural. It also has SPF 20 for that extra layer of protection while the sun is out.

Another Rimmel product, this lightweight concealer is great for under-eye circles! While it doesn’t completely mask dark circles, the brightening pigments in it help cancel out darkness substantially.

I usually shy away from blushes, especially bright ones, but Mary Kay’s Pink Sapphire is an exception. It’s a bright pink, matte blush that can be easily built up or blended out. I use it on the apples of my cheeks to bring a bit of warmth back into my face.
 
For a glow, I like to apply a few dots of this to my cheekbones and Cupid’s bow. This soft pink liquid highlighter catches the light beautifully and it can look natural or strong depending on how much you use.

From left to right, Tartelette in Bloom palette, Maybelline Lasting Drama eye pencil, Maybelline Colossal Mascara, Stila Smudge Stick, Max Studio Brow Book

Max Studio Brow Book--not available online, I found it at TJ Maxx!
For the brows I’ve been using this inexpensive little brow palette. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that I have trouble finding brow products that are dark enough to match my eyebrows, so I was initially attracted to the dark pencil in the kit. I ended up liking a lot of the other products that are included! There are three brown shades (the darkest one is a pretty good match for me), a gel, a pencil, an angled brow brush, and a highlight. The brow gel is nice for shaping and holding my brows in place while the powder fills in some of the patchiness in my eyebrows. The biggest winner in this palette is by far the highlight! The formula is really soft and the color is like a powder version of High Beam.


I’ve been obsessed with winged liner lately, but for spring I like a more subtle eye look. This dark brown pencil adds definition to the eyes without looking heavy or unnatural. I like to use it to draw a thin line on my upper lashes to make them look naturally thicker.

 
The Youtuber GlamLifeGuru included this in one of her drugstore hauls and as soon as she swatched it I knew I had to have it! This pencil is so creamy and the color is great for the waterline. It instantly makes me look more awake and makes my eyes look brighter. You can also use it on the inner corner or make a statement on the upper lash line with it. I’ve been using it every single day.

When it comes to spring eyeshadow, this palette is the first thing that popped into my head. Probably because the packaging is so dang perfect! It’s covered in bright pink and purple flower petals, perfect for spring. Today I’m focusing on the right half of the palette, which has the lighter shades. I swatched all six of them below, but my favorite ones to use for a light spring look are Charmer, Funny Girl, Flower Child, and Sweetheart. The eyeshadows also smell amazing, like brand new MAC lipstick. A full review of this palette will be coming soon!

This is my favorite mascara at the moment. It provides long, curled lashes that stay all day. It doesn’t  deliver as well in the volume department, but for a natural spring look that is okay with me!

From left to right: Neutrogena Moistureshine lip gloss, Rimmel Kate lipstick

This bright pinky-coral shade is one of my favorites from the Kate line! The bright, glossy finish is as far from winter as you can get. I like that the color isn’t too bold, so you can wear it to school, lunch, dinner, work, and anywhere else you’d like to go! It feels nice and hydrating on the lips, too, which is always a plus.

This lightly pigmented, coral gloss is beautiful alone or on top of a lipstick (Like the Rimmel Kate #32). The gold shimmer in it is really pretty. This formula is rather sticky so if you don’t like that sort of lip gloss, you may not like this, but I don’t mind it! Except when it’s windy and your hair blows into it. It’s the absolute worst.
From left the right: Essie Back in the Limo nail polish, Paris Hilton perfume, Pure Paradise lotion (mini), and Essie Mint Candy Apple nail polish

Bring on the sweet scents! The light, fruity scent is a stronger version of the original Paris Hilton scent, which I’m a big fan of. This lasts all day and smells amazing. It has notes of frozen apple, jasmine, peach nectar, sparkling muguet, freesia, and ylang ylang. It also looks gorgeous on my vanity!


I think Bath and Body Works makes my favorite lotions. The formula soaks in quickly and I love their range of scents! Pure Paradise is a beachy one that I’m obsessed with at the moment.


Spring nails are all about the pastels! My two favorites at the moment are both from Essie. One is a bright mint green and the other is a more subtle sheer peach. (Swatches/more in depth color descriptions are in my previous post!)
Swatches from left to right: Benefit High Beam (unblended), Benefit High Beam (blended), Mary Kay Pink Sapphire blush, Max Studio brow pencil, Max Studio brow powder (darkest), Max Studio brow highlight, Stila Smudge Stick in Damsel, Maybelline Lasting Drama eye pencil in Soft Nude
Swatches from left to right: Charmer, Flower Child, Funny Girl, Jetsetter, Smarty Pants, and Sweetheart from the Tartelette in Bloom palette, Rimmel Kate #32 lipstick, Neutrogena Moistureshine lip gloss.

And that about does it for my spring make-up routine! What products do you like to use around this time of year?

Xx Katie
12 comments on "Spring Make-up Inspiration"
  1. All these beauty product looks beautiful. That tarte eye shadow palette looks awesome.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tartelette palette looks amazing!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post ^_^

    https://davidtofie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tartelette in Bloom palette is so pretty, can't wait to see your full review!
    Brigitte x

    brigittehayley.com | youtube.com/brigittehayley

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love rimmel lipsticks ! <3
    http://magdelblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the same Rimmel foundation - I love it so much! That Bath and Body Works lotion looks like it smells amazing, I want it!! Xx

    itsjessiejane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the Tartlette In Bloom palette and the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick :) I'm actually really loving wearing more spring tones at the moment which is so unlike me! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tarte Tarteltte in bloom looks like a perfect everyday palette! great post btw!

    Love, Violeta Lyskoit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you need or like Wedding Dresses,mazmarydress if you need or like and welcome ,prom dress beige here you can find best dresses for your big day!http://www.clavonna.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9