March 15, 2016

Review: Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint


For my birthday last month I purchased several different Tarte products, one of which was their Tarteist Lip Paint liquid lipstick. I got it in the color Namaste, a pretty pinky nude, and I’ve been wearing it at least once a week since it arrived, which is quite often for me!

The formula of this liquid lipstick is different from others that I’ve tried. I’ve read that it feels similar to the Nyx Soft Matte lip creams but I can’t attest to that myself. It applies completely opaque and incredibly pigmented, a small amount of this product gets you a long way. It applies creamy and takes around twenty minutes to dry to a matte finish. It can last through a drink or a snack but generally this lasts from the time you apply it to your next big meal, no touch-ups needed until then!

The color I have, Namaste, is a pale pinkish beige. It looks very natural on me and I think it could suit a range of skin tones, but if you have darker skin it may wash you out. I love so many of the shades in this liquid lipstick, range so if you want to try it but don’t like Namaste definitely check out the other colors! TBT, Frenemy, Bae, and Lovespell are my favorites based on what I’ve seen from swatches and Instagram photos.

This applies evenly with a doefoot applicator. Like most liquid lipsticks, it is a bit drying so be sure to prep your lips before you apply it with a good lip balm. And whatever you do, don’t try to apply a lip balm or lip gloss on top of this! The lipstick separates and essentially dissolves on your lips, leaving a sticky, blotchy mess. I’ve also had problems re-applying this liquid lipstick. If you have to reapply, it may be smarter to completely remove the first coat before adding another one. The Tarteist lip paint can also settle into your natural lip lines, but I have found that using your finger to smooth out the product takes care of the problem without losing any color.
 

If you don’t like liquid lipstick but you like the shade Namaste, I’ve got some dupes for you! The closest is MAC’s Honey Love, which isn’t much cheaper but the color is almost exact and it has the same matte finish. If you’re on a budget, Rimmel’s Kate Moss line in #45 is also a similar color but the finish more satin and sheer.

Overall, I absolutely love the Tartiest lip paint and I’m hoping to pick up a few more shades soon. It can be tricky to apply and reapply, but it’s less drying than many other liquid lipsticks while still lasting a long time. Namaste is a wearable, my-lips-but-better color and it’s now one of my favorite nudes! You can purchase it online here!

What are your favorite liquid lipsticks?

Xx Katie
9 comments on "Review: Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint"
  1. Such a pretty shade, I love nudes like this! The name Namaste sounds so beautiful and bohemian *sigh* :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! All the names in this line are amazing haha

      Delete
  2. I love this colour so much, and the name is brilliant! I feel like I might have to give this a try! X

    Love, Maia
    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like this! I just got the same color in the mail today and haven't been able to try it out yet but it's great to see a good review on it, can't wait to wear it :)

    eightbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so desperate to try Tarte products everyone seems to love them! This shade looks gorgeous too, such a nice nude!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried their eyeshadows and lip paint, but their concealer and blush samples are amazing as well!

      Delete
  5. I've just started using Liquid Lipsticks and I love them so much! This shade looks amazing

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion & Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of Tarte's liquid lipsticks, but I'm certainly eager to now! Adore this shade :)

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9