March 28, 2016

How much does my face cost?


When it comes to spending money, I probably spend the most on make-up. It seems like I always have a Sephora, Ulta, or Ebay order on the way! So when I saw this tag doing the rounds on various blogs, I was curious and a little apprehensive as to how much my average make-up routine costs.

I tend to switch up the products I use often, especially lipsticks and eye products, but these are the products I use the most often. I also get a lot of my high-end products on sale or on discount websites so the price listed is often not the price I paid! I’ll also do a mini review/description of my favorite products and how I like to use them day-to-day, so this post will double as an everyday make-up update!


This gel-based foundation gives a glowy finish and is full-coverage. I use it almost every day! Full review here.


This is my favorite concealer to use under the eyes as it’s a bit lighter than my natural skin tone and it has light-reflecting pigments in it. The coverage isn’t very high so if I’m especially tired or I have blemishes I don’t use this.


I use this bronzer mostly to contour. It is a warm-toned golden brown with a small amount of gold shimmer in it.


Moonstone is my absolute FAVORITE highlighter! The pale gold is very flattering on my skin tone and I use this more than I use any other highlighter. Full review and swatches here.


I received this as a gift so I didn’t purchase it, but I love the bright pink color for spring. Because my highlighter and bronzer have shimmer, I like that this is a matte blush.

Max Studio Brow Book: $5.00 (not available online but I’m estimating the price)

I like the pencil, powder, gel, and highlight in here for shaping and filling in my brows. It’s a great product so if you find it I suggest you try it out!


Here’s where it gets tricky. I tend to switch up my eyeshadows daily. Sometimes I use palettes and sometimes I use duos, quads, or singles. This palette has been my favorite this month and the price point is probably near the average of the prices of the other eyeshadows I use. My full review and swatches of this palette are here!


Eyeliner is also something I like to change and play around with, but it’s safe to say that this one is my favorite. It’s a great creamy formula that I like to use on the upper lash line.


This shimmery champagne shade is perfect for the lower lash line. I use this every day!


For length and curl, I love this mascara. The price is good, too!


The lipsticks and glosses I use get changed around incredibly often, but this nude is one that I reach for often. A lot of my other favorite products are around this price, as well, so I thought this was a good choice to include!

An * means I didn’t pay full price for the product

And the total (which I’m afraid to add up) is…$216.67! Because I didn’t pay full price for a lot of these products I’d estimate the real price around $140.00--$160.00 but still, that is way more than I thought. I’m pretty frugal when I’m purchasing anything but make-up. I think I need to go on a spending ban!

This was fun and mildly horrifying but I hope you enjoyed this post and seeing my updated every day make-up routine!  

How much do you think your “face” costs? Do you have a primarily high-end or drugstore routine?

 Xx Katie
11 comments on "How much does my face cost? "
  1. Hey Katie, this is an interesting post, I think I might have to sit down and work out my cost!

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't want to think about how much my face comes too, im pretty sure I would be horrified by the price! lol

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scared to do this for just that reason!

      Delete
  3. 216?! Wow, that quite much, but of course, you use some gorgeous stuff!!!

    Your blog is pretty cool! Would be so happy if you could follow each other :)
    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared to add mine up! I feel like I use a good mix too but like you I'm frugal when it comes to other purchases but not makeup!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I have never seen a post like this before. I don't think I want to add mine up haha I really don't what to know I would rather stay in denial :p

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was super interesting! After reading lots of different beauty blogs I don't think I've ever seen this kind of post before. I'm afraid to even think what my face would cost! Oh my :D

    ♥: Jasmin N | littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really scary, my makeup costs more than my college textbooks and that's saying something haha

      Delete
  7. Im a bit too scared to add mine up!! Love this post!

    Darriyan xx | darriyancateland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic! First time I've seen a post like this and it's quite interesting. I'm afraid to add up mine...Lol
    Great post!

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a plan for wedding? Do you surprised by the high price of wedding dresses?hot pink prom dresses cheap Come to have a look. http://www.glamchase.co.uk It will not make you disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9