March 31, 2016

March Favorites


Another month has come and gone and that means I’ve been obsessing over a slew of new products, TV shows, blogs, and movies!

Beauty:

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow palette at the moment and it’s one that I reach for over any others in my collection! I swear, there is like a spiritual connection between me and this palette. All of the shades are really wearable, neutral colors and a majority of them are shimmery/metallic, which I love. The shadows are all named after and inspired by the ocean and the packaging is to die for! My favorite shades are Mermaid, Starfish, Reef, and Abyss but I’ve used every color. Tarte used a new formula in this palette compared to their Tartelette palettes and I think I like this formula better! A full review and swatches are here if you’d like to check them out.

I like to switch up my eyeliners a lot depending on whether I’m going for a subtle, winged, smoky, or other type of eye look. I never wore eyeliner on my waterline—until now. This soft champagne color helps to brighten the eyes and the pencil is really soft so it doesn’t tug on your eyes. I don’t have any other eyeliners in this color so I’ve been using this almost every day!

I won’t talk about this too much as I did a review on it but this pale gold is the perfect highlight for my pale skin tone. I love how soft and blendable the product is, so you can build up the highlight or keep it looking natural. Either way, it makes your skin glow.

Given that the weather is still cold and crappy here in Michigan, I’ve been continuing to wear a lot of nudes rather than break out my spring pinks. I usually go for pinky nudes, but Honey Love is more on the beige side. The MAC matte formula isn’t drying at all, which is also a big plus for me!

 
Movie:

I’m not a huge movie person. The past few months I haven’t included films in my favorites simply because I hadn’t seen any good ones. However, I’ve been trying to watch more “classic” films, those films that everyone has seen, so I started with Wayne’s World. For being more than twenty years old, it was still pretty funny and I enjoyed it a lot!


TV shows:

Helix
While I’m not into movies, I watch SO MUCH TV. I like almost every genre and I’ll give anything a chance. Helix is a show I’ve gotten pretty into this month. It’s about a group of CDC (Center for Disease Control) workers who are sent to an Arctic research base to investigate a mysterious disease that has broken out there. It’s really suspenseful and moderately scary, but sooo good. Unfortunately it’s been canceled now but that doesn’t mean you can’t watch it!

The Vampire Diaries
I’ve been watching the Vampire Diaries since the very first season and for a long time it was my favorite TV show. The past few seasons I haven’t been as into it but now, into its seventh season, I like where they’re taking the plot and it’s catching my interest again. I’ve also been taking a lot of car trips recently, and because I have every season on DVD I’ve been rewatching it for the millionth time!

Game of Thrones
I read all the Game of Thrones books last summer and by the time the school year came around, I didn’t have a lot of time to binge-watch the HBO series like I wanted to. My goal is to get caught up by the sixth season premiere, so I’ve been watching this a lot! If you like fantasy series you must check this out. I didn’t think I’d like it at first but it sucked me in—even if it took me two months to learn all the characters names.

YouTubers/Bloggers:

As a beauty blogger, you can probably guess that some of my favorite YouTube videos to watch are also in the beauty category. Michelle from Ready Set Glamour is a funny, beautiful girl who I’d want to be friends with in real life. She uploads often and does a variety of hauls, tutorials, hacks, reviews, and everything else you’d want a beauty guru to do.

I’m a landlocked American but I love water sports. I swam competitively throughout elementary, middle, and high school but I’ve always been fascinated with surfing. I got to do it last summer and I absolutely loved it! The surf season has started up and since I couldn’t find any of the comps on TV, I subscribed to the WSL on YouTube and they post heats there. Although I've never been one for sports, I get really into the comps and I love learning about the different surfers, their styles, and all of the different moves they can do.

Bloggers

I read so many blogs that it’s hard to pick just a few that I like! Two that I’ve been following for a while are Darriyan from darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk and Hannah from ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.com. They both post a mixture of beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. I love Darriyan’s reviews, they’re almost always over things I want to buy myself, and Hannah always has amazing blogging tips! And of course they’re both really nice girls so you should check out their blogs if you’re looking for new ones to follow!

And that is EVERYTHING I’ve been loving this month. As always, please let me know what your March favorites are and I’d love to know any book, blog, movie, or TV show recommendations you have! If you're a blogger feel free to link a March favorites post to your comment if you've done one, they are some of my favorite posts to read :)
Xx Katie
20 comments on "March Favorites"
  1. I rewatched The Vampire Diaries again and I am just so obsessed, can I please date the Salvator brothers? I tried on Honey Love in the shop but unfortunately I don't think it really suits my skin tone but so happy that it suits you! I would love to own a Becca highlighter Moonstone looks stunning! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That highlighter looks amazing!!! I'm tempted as I'm pale too! Honey Love also looks amazing, and don't get me started on that Tarte palette! Fab picks xx

    Maia
    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try out some of the new Tarte products from their Rainforest collection! The idea seems really unique behind it and I've been hearing great reviews on the products. Moonstone is such a beautiful highlighter too, I bought Champagne Pop a few months ago so that ones next on my wishlist.

    eightbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champagne Pop is looks beautiful, when I was choosing a Becca one it came down to those two! I also need to pick up more things from the Rainforest of the sea collection, the lipsticks look really pretty and so does the foundation x

      Delete
  4. Lovely favorites! The highlighter looks gorgeous! I absolutely love The Vampire Diaries. I haven't started watching this last season as yet but I plan to catch up very soon.

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's doing surprisingly well, even without Nina Dobrev! :)

      Delete
  5. WAIT OKAY REAL TALK THOUGH. DO YOU RECOMMEND ME WATCHING THE VAMPIRE DIARIES AND GAME OF THRONES? I mean I feel like The Vampire Diaries could potentially be a good hit but IDK and also I tried to watch Game Of Thrones before, but I was like 10 minutes in and it automatically bored me to death LMAO

    Christina ♡ from Okay Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to get into Game of Thrones, it's really complicated and definitely not for everyone's tastes. But the Vampire Diaries (especially the first 3 seasons) is one of my all time favorite shows! There's a bit of romance, drama, humor, suspense and it's just amazing.

      Delete
  6. I've just bought the Tarte Palette and oh my gosh I love it so much. It's beautiful, and the packaging is gorgeous too xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of that Tarte palette - NEED! Honeylove looks gorgeous too :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Tarte palette is so pretty! I have the rainforest of the sea foundation and love it too!

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try that, from the reviews I've read it seems like a foundation I would like! :)

      Delete
  9. Aww nooo I really want the Rainforest palette now! So so bad! lol Its beyond beautiful, no wonder you are obsessed! I agree 100% with honey love though, it is my favourite!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the MAC lipstick - it's such a nice colour! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the lipstick!
    blameitonbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

  12. ghana wedding dresses

    grad dresses under $50

    beige dresses canada

    teen cocktail dress
    Whether you or your bridal party prefer cocktail or floor length, empire or drop-waist, strapless, sleeved or one-shoulder necklines– we’ve got hundreds of gorgeous styles to choose from! Our affordable bridesmaid dresses modest dressesare designed to flatter every member of your bridal party, no matter what style you prefer.View more dresses, please click:http://www.clavonna.com/
    For more dresses information, please email at :info.clavonna@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oasis dresses
    specialized in custom made size, all size, color and material available, welcome to pls the order, any question,, pls contact minel.com.au@gmail.com.

    more and more pls view http://www.minel.com.au/.

    ReplyDelete

  14. fenwick dresses

    long sleeve prom dresses uk

    debenhams wedding dressesWhether you or your bridal party prefer cocktail or floor length, empire or drop-waist, strapless, sleeved or one-shoulder necklines– we’ve got hundreds of gorgeous styles to choose from! Our affordable bridesmaid dresses modest dressesare designed to flatter every member of your bridal party, no matter what style you prefer.
    View more dresses, please click:http://www.jadegownshop.co.uk/
    For more dresses information, please email at :
    csd.jadegowns@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a plan for wedding? Do you surprised by the high price of wedding dresses? womens dresses amazon

    ReplyDelete
  16. abendkleid eng spitze
    abendkleid kurz mit trägern
    designer brautkleider ausleihen
    schweppes braut und abendmoden in halle
    So viele Kleider warten auf deine Wahl, wenn du eine schöne Dame sein möchtest, bitte wähle uns http://www.jadegowns.de

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9