March 17, 2016

Trying Unusual Beauty Looks Part 2

Time for another rendition of "Can the average beauty lover recreate looks from make-up artists?!" Judging by how the last one went (post here!) I'm going to guess no, but that won't stop me from trying!



First up is a cool gilded criss-cross eye make-up look by Romero Jennings and Carmen Marc Valvo, which I found on the MAC Instagram page.

To attempt this I lined my eyes with a thick black liner, smudging it out in some areas. I prepped my lids with some coconut oil (to give it the glossy look that you see in the photo) and applied a matte brown eye shadow to my lid.

If you have a gold liquid or gel liner, this should be simple enough to do, but I don't have either of those products in the pretty gold shade pictured here, so I used gold eyeshadow in my version. Using a damp lip-liner brush, I tried to create the intricate criss-crosses seen in this photo.


In person this actually worked quite well, although the placement of the criss-crosses are way off. If I were to go back and try it again, I would've added more black eyeliner and I definitely would have cleaned up my brows a bit! They're always all over the place.


The second look I decided to attempt is by photographer Cedric Porchez and make up artist Alia.

I don't have many dark red lipsticks so before I even started this look I knew it wouldn't turn out too well. I went on with the darkest one I own, the Kate for Rimmel 107 for the top part of the lip and I used Revlon's Cherries in the Snow for the lighter red.


I used concealer on my bottom lip to dull the natural pigmentation of my lips. So, yeah, we learned that I'm not a model BUT I had fun so that's all that matters!

I hope you enjoyed my failed attempts at being a make-up artist! Which of these looks would you be most likely to try out?

Xx Katie
7 comments on "Trying Unusual Beauty Looks Part 2"
  1. This is brilliant, I like this post.

    Good to know I'm not the only one!

    www.cultivationofjasmin.blogspotcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Katie!! You did these so well!

    Darriyan x / www.darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S: i have just nominated you for the liebster award on my blog!xx

      Delete
  3. I think you did these so well Katie! They definitely look like hard looks to master so well done you :) This was a really interesting post to read! xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, thanks for sharing! I think your blog is lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice post !! such a good trick to learn. I am your new follower on Bloglovin. Would you like to follow me too :)
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9