September 12, 2016

Ten Autumn Nudes



Nude lipsticks are my absolute favorite to wear any time of year—they’re versatile, easy, and yet make you feel so much more put together than wearing nothing at all. In Autumn I like to go a little darker and more beige than my natural lip color, compared to the pink and peachy-toned nudes I choose in the warmer months. I had far too many to pick from when I was planning out this post, so here are ten of my favorite nude lippies to wear when the leaves start to fall!


This may be my perfect nude—not only is it my favorite light beige-based nude, it’s also named after my star sign. This color is easy to wear which is why I have so many similar ones in my collection. This Lippie Stix has a comfortable crème finish for those days when my lips can’t stand another matte!

Although this is a recent purchase for me, I know I’ll be wearing it throughout the fall and winter so I had to include it. This one is more of a mauve-based nude that looks kind of ‘meh’ in the tube but completely transforms when you apply it or swatch it. Looking at swatches, this is very similar to Aquarius but I prefer this formula and you get more product with this lipstick! 

 Here it is. My current favorite nude—if you get any of the products on this list, get this. Stripped Down is a darker nude than I usually go for but it’s absolutely gorgeous. These are similar to the Too Faced Melted lipsticks but a lot of people seem to like them more. This is highly pigmented and is surprisingly durable for a glossier, satin finish! My full review is here if you want an entire post raving about it.

If you aren’t a fan of ultra-matte liquid lipsticks, this is for you! These creamy, opaque lipsticks have great staying power without being super-drying, which I hate in a liquid lipstick. The shade is another light beige nude with a hint of pink. If you’re pale like me, this will be a beautiful shade, but it may wash out those with deeper skin tones.

This is one of my newest lipstick purchases but it’s different from any other nude in my collection because it’s a red-based nude, almost a terra-cotta color. I’ve been looking for something like this for ages and I finally found it in my favorite drugstore lipstick line! All skin tones can rock this and it’s perfect for Autumn.

This rosy-toned liquid lipstick made an appearance in my August Ipsy bag and I was immediately hooked on the color. The formula is similar to Tarte’s but it’s slightly more aqueous while remaining opaque. Again, this is a darker color than I usually go for but it’s absolutely gorgeous on the lips.

Nyx Butter Lipstick in Snowcap (or Boardwalk according to Ulta)
I know everyone raves about the Butter glosses, but the lipstick versions are amazing as well and I’ve never seen anyone talk about them! This color is more pink-toned than the others I’ve included and it’s a great dupe for MAC’s Hue, Snowcap is only slightly darker. I like the formula of the Nyx one better because it’s more nourishing and more pigmented. You can’t go wrong with a color like this!

                                                       MAC Hue vs. Nyx Snowcap

I’m. In. Love. With. This. Shade. As if you couldn’t tell already! This is a great color for all times of the year but especially for the awkward time between summer and autumn when you can’t break out the corals or the berries. The Ultra Satin liquid lipstick is also my favorite kind of formula that doesn’t dry down completely, so it’s not complete murder on your lips!

Despite being ridiculously small for the price, I love this shade. It’s more of a true brown than my other nudes and I find that it looks really flattering on the lips. This lipstick is very comfortable and has hints of rose and red to it, which is what I think makes it so unique!

This may be my favorite lipstick of all time so I had to include it! This is the beige-nude that made me fall in love with beige nudes, and I love MAC’s matte formula because it isn’t drying at all. I consider this to be the Velvet Teddy for fair girls, so if you’ve been considering the famous darker shade try this one out, too!


While a lot of these are similar shades, they differ in formula, lasting power and price. Nudes are a safe bet for the in-between seasons so you can’t go wrong with one of these! 

What are your favorite nudes?
Xx Katie
23 comments on "Ten Autumn Nudes"
  1. Love your picks, definitely going to be checking out Stripped Down and K, Bye, those shades are so up my street. Clearly great minds think alike as my latest post is 7 neutral lipsticks for fall!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nudes for basically all seasons, these I will definitely be wearing during spring haha
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouu, such pretty shades! I see a lot that I like from those swatches. K, Bye and Magic Wand are ones that I'll have to look into! :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYX has the best nude shades..and for such good prices too!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get my hands of Maybelline Colour Jolt, people have been raving about them and I am so behind everyone else. LOL! I have Too Faced Melted Lipstick in shade Chihuahua and it gives me the gross white ring inside of the mouth, have you had that same experience? It's freaking gross and I have no idea why it's causing that.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't experienced anything like that with the Color Jolts!

      Delete
  6. I love a good nude lip colour! The Namaste Lip Paint looks so pretty xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These lipsticks are so pretty, who can say no to a lovely nude shade? K.Bye is my favourite! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These lipsticks are so pretty, who can say no to a lovely nude shade? K.Bye is my favourite! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I look for the Color Jolt shade in Stripped Down, it's never there. I guess that's how popular it is. I heard it's a dupe for Melted Chihuahua, which I had but felt like it was too pale for me...I hope Maybelline comes up with more shades!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mac Honey Love is my all time favorite. However I like a lot of these as well. Great post dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love MAC Honey Love and totally agree that butter lipsticks are amazing! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nudes are so useful any season of the year. Love these shades, especially Snowcap. one.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stripped Down and Tonkin both look like just my sort of shades! :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, these shades are soooo amazing!
    I def want to try the tarte one! <3

    xoxo, Colli
    my beautyblog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone always talks about Mac Honey Love but it looked far too light on me! I think Velvet Teddy is more my shade! I need to get hold of some Colourpop shades as I'm desperate to try the brand out! The Rimmel lipsticks are also some of my favourite drugstore and the packaging of the new nude collection is stunning! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose gold ones look amazing! And I actually ordered Velvet Teddy and it's amazing, I can definitely understand the hype x

      Delete
  16. Love these posts! I love the Rimmel Lipstick! I haven't tried any Colour pop stuff yet and I really want to they look so good! Also MAC Honey Love looks like something I need to go in and swatch straight away! xx

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Social media has completely changed the way in which kids talk with each other. Cyber bullying and inappropriate behaviors increase almost daily. Parents can utilize social media monitoring to protect and gaze after their child's online reputation. mw4m craigslist

    ReplyDelete
  18. People who experience sex addiction often lead a double life: their normal life coupled with addicted life. Subsequently they cope with addiction in secrecy. http://threesomechatting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adult dating is determined by looking for a companion or partner for a variety of purposes. You'll be able to desire these phones become your friends or companions or support or maybe you want merely sexual relationship. You is frequently some of those looking to distinguish a life partner too. couple looking for threesome

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. swinger dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9