May 10, 2016

Drugstore Haul with Swatches


 
Now that one of my summer jobs has started and my week of free time is over, I decided to treat myself to a little drugstore splurge! I picked up quite a few things that have been on my list for a while and I’m really happy with my purchases.

The first item, which has been so hyped in the beauty community, is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. So many people claimed that this gave them long, fluttery lashes and held a curl really well. I’ve loved Maybelline mascaras in the past so I thought I’d finally give this a go! I’ve used it a few times and it does seem to work well. I also have the Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious so I may do a comparison review post in a few weeks!

I also went a little blush-crazy. When I was younger I was never a fan of blushes so my collection is very lacking. I picked up on from Milani, and powder blush in Tea Rose, and a cream-to-powder blush from Elf in Rose Royalty.

Milani blushes get good reviews so I was eager to try one of their blushes. I originally wanted a baked one, but the product seems a bit too glittery for me so I went with a different one. The rose-shaped emblem on this blush caught my eye immediately! The formula is not as pigmented as I had hoped and it’s a little powdery, but it’s easy to build up and the color is really pretty. It’s worth the money I spent for it so I’m happy!

I wanted to try a cream blush for summer and Elf rarely disappoints so I picked up Rose Royalty as well. I’ve only worn it once so this isn’t the best review, but I found it to be surprisingly easy to work with. This might be my new go-to blush for spring and summer!

A product that has been on my radar for ages is the Physicians Formula Argan Wear lip oils. They come in a set of two, a pink tinted one and an untinted one. I always talked myself out of buying it because I only wanted the tinted one. However, I caved as usual and bought the set! The formula feels really nice and nourishing. The packaging is adorable, too! The scent is a bit of a turn off for me, unfortunately. It’s a sweet vanilla frosting-like scent that lingers after the application. The tinted lip oil also doesn’t have much of a tint, as you can see in the swatches below. I’ve found that my favorite way to apply this is before I start my make-up. By the time I get to applying my lip product, the oil has sunk in and I’m free to apply something else on top!

After falling in love with the L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadow I decided to purchase another one in a gorgeous taupe shade. Bronzed Taupe is a beautiful metallic taupe that I know I’m going wear constantly. If you’re looking for a cheap new shade, the Infallible eyeshadows are truly amazing in formula, pigmentation and price.

            From left to right: Tea Rose (built-up swatch), Bronzed Taupe, tinted lip oil, Rose Royalty
 
My last purchase was not technically a beauty item, but it enables me to buy more make-up so I’ll include it anyway! I’ve been on the lookout for a tall dresser with lots of drawers so that I’ll have somewhere to store my make-up as my vanity was getting very full. I found an affordable one and now I feel so organized! I might replace it if I can find a more glamorous option but for now this five-drawer is working well.

What is your most recent beauty purchase?

Xx Katie
22 comments on "Drugstore Haul with Swatches"
  1. The Milani blushes are so pretty!
    Great haul! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all of these products look so nice but I especially like the look of that Milani blush! Lovely post! Xx

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all of these products look so nice but I especially like the look of that Milani blush! Lovely post! Xx

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lash Sensational. Just repurchased Benefit Gimme Brow. : ) xxxx

    ♥ Carly Susanne ~ A Hair, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Milani blushes they never fail me and they are so gorgeous too.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blush looks stunning!! <3 The packaging and the colour! Lovely post

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab haul :) I really thought the Milani blush was an Autograph by Rosie one was I saw the packaging so its interesting to come across a different brand even if it isn't as pigmented as you'd hoped. Great way to store all your cosmetics by the way, the drawers are fab! :) x

    Viva Epernay | Festival Tickets Giveaway!  

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cream blush? Wow, I'd like to try it myself as well. I love ELF! Can't wait to purchase :)
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I love the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and the Milani blush looks so pretty; loving the color. Thanks for sharing! x

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I have a couple of the Milani Rose blushes and they're just beautiful and such good value too as you get so many grams! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Rose Royalty and while it is a beautiful color, I feel like it's not soft and really hard to blend.

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used it a few times and already I'm worried about it drying up!

      Delete
  13. Oooo the lip oils really look good! I LOVE Lash Sensational, I hope you love it too, it definitely gets better after the first few weeks :) But I am so desperate to get my hands on the Milani Blush's they look amazing!! :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit wet at the moment but I think it'll dry in a few weeks and then it'll be perfect!

      Delete
  14. I didn't know Maybelline has released the luscious version of Lash Sensational, I'd love to know how the two compare! Your Milani blush is so so pretty, I really want to buy one too!

    Becki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously need the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in my life :) the Milani Rose Blushes are so good too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. That milani blush and that physcian's formula lip oil looks good.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Milani blush looks so pretty in the pan! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. The milani blush is so pretty with the rose imprinted on it! I haven't picked it up yet but I've heard good things.

    Jennylovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love good drugstore makeup! That mascara is the best I've ever tried. I really want to try that Milani blush, and those eyeshadows are so good!

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  20. first of all, the packaging of all these looks so pretty! and I gotta try milani blush (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9