May 28, 2016

Review: Fortune Favours the Brave palette by Makeup Revolution


Makeup Revolution’s Fortune Favours the Brave palette is a collaboration with British Beauty Blogger consisting of thirty eyeshadows in a variety of colors and finishes, including some mattes, shimmers, satins, and marbled shadows!

The matte gold and black packaging feels high-end and sturdy, which I love. Unfortunately I must’ve dripped some perfume or something on the front as some of the gold paint has melted away!

Apparently this is now available in Ulta, but I ordered it online from the UK which was a bit of a pain. Nevertheless it wasn’t too pricey and I feel that this is worth the shipping cost.

Inside of the palette, the thirty shadows are encased in matte black plastic. They are loosely grouped by color and the palette includes a big mirror and a dual-ended brush. I tried using the brush a few times and while it’s better than those sponges that most palettes include, I still prefer using my own brushes. The eyeshadows themselves are smaller than I expected but for the price you definitely get a decent amount of product! The names of the eyeshadows are listed on a plastic sheet which I’m tempted to throw away but I kept for the sake of the blog post.

 
Starting with the top row and going from left to right the shades are as listed, with an * before my favorite shades!

Glimmer: shimmery pale gold
*Buffer: matte cool-toned beige
Peachy: shimmery peach
Hope: shimmery dark taupe
Fortune: shimmery olive-toned bronze
*Skylight: shimmery marbled gold and navy (reminds me of the lapis lazuli gemstone!)
*Transformer: matte navy with a hint of green
Midnight Rainbow: shimmery deep blue

 
Second Row

*Ice Cloud: shimmery white (stunning inner-corner highlight shade!)
*Golden Coins: marbled rose gold
*Cashmere: shimmery taupe
Tip Top: matte olive
Yes Please: shimmery olive
*Green Machine: marbled olive
Smoothie: matte emerald

 
Third Row

Caffeine Fix: matte brown
Latte: matte light brown
*Pink Diamond: shimmery pale pink
Crème: matte cream
*Drama Queen: matte plum
*Lonely Planet: marbled pink and purple (looks like a galaxy)
Blacqua: matte black

 
Fourth Row

Soft: matte cool-toned cream
*New World: marbled gold and white
Favour: shimmery mauve
Sunset Hour: shimmery bronze
Super Gold: marbled bronze and gold
Winning: matte violet
Brave: shimmery plum
The Revolution: shimmery violet

 
Overall, there definitely more pros than cons to this palette! Unlike many other palettes I’ve tried, the quality of the shadows depends more on the shade than the finish. Some shimmers are better than others, same with the mattes. But all of the marbled finishes are gorgeous!

Some of the shimmers, like Peachy and Glimmer, apply more sheer than the others. They end up looking like a wash of glitter rather than a shimmery eyeshadow. The shimmers can also have a bit of fall-out when you try to build them up, which I noticed when I tried to pack sunset hour onto the lid. Overall, though, the shimmers are beautifully pigmented and easy to work with.

The mattes have a similar story. There are a few that are harder and not very pigmented, like Tip Top, and then are others like Drama Queen and Buffer which blend beautifully.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of this palette is how many different combinations you can use. There is such a variety of wearable colors! I’ve done a purple smoky eye with this, worn a few shades alone, done a simple matte brown look, a bronze eye, a blue eye…doing this review I’m seeing even more ways to combine these shadows! There are many options for a highlight shade, although New World is probably my favorite. For those who like to get creative this is a great affordable palette.

As my first Makeup Revolution purchase, I can say that I’m really impressed with this brand and I can’t wait to try more of their products! If you live in the UK this should be easier to get a hold of and I highly recommend it if you’re a neutral lover or you want to experiment with more color without splurging on something high-end.
You can purchase this palette for yourself HERE!

What are your thoughts on this palette?

Xx Katie

 
19 comments on "Review: Fortune Favours the Brave palette by Makeup Revolution"
  1. Love the shade range included in this palette! The swatches look so pigmented!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this one, I just don't feel I would use it :( Eyeshadow palettes are my downfall though, I will probably end up with it lol

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently got this palette but haven't even had a chance to try it yet. I always find MUR's matte formula to be a bit iffy but glad to hear the marbled shades are great :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and LOVE it, definitely my favourite palette so far this year ♥

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know that Revolution is quite big here in UK, but for some reason I've never seen it in stores x
    Yukova by Yuliya Oleynykova

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a really versatile palette with some great shades too xx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a bloody gorgeous looking palette!

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look lovely, but I don't think I would end up using many of the darker shades, that's what happens with most of my eyeshadow palettes.
    https://thenewoldfashionedgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Great post babe x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an interesting palette, the shades are gorgeous I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for this!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours look so pigmented and shimmery, great for the summer! Bit of a paint hat they don't sell it in the UK but the Sleek palettes have the same colour range too x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful palette! Hope that i could get my hands on it!

    www.octoberloveinnyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shades included in this palette! Looks like a great overall palette. x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this palette looks so pretty! but I don;t think it is available in the usa yet ... and probably never will be :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's available at Ulta but I bought it on ebay for a pretty reasonable price! :)

      Delete
  15. Every morning is a personal war for me; and it sometimes got to the point where I would lie in bed with the covers tucked over my head until two in the afternoon, simply because I didn't want to bother with my exceedingly tedious morning routine. permanent makeup reviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to grasp so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few percent to pressure the message home a bit, but other than that, that is excellent blog. A great read. I’ll definitely be back. find more info

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this useful Blog. The primer can keep your makeup long-lasting for up to 24 hours and waterproof.

    Eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing these details Sf

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9