May 6, 2016

Review: Maybelline the Nudes Palette


With all of the neutral palettes available at the drugstore, I decided to try one out for myself! The one that caught my eye the most is the Maybelline The Nudes palette, which includes a dozen shades in a variety of finishes. I’ve put this palette to the test and can’t wait to tell you my thoughts!

The packaging is sleek black plastic with a see-through lid to show you what shadows are on the inside. It’s fairly sturdy, but I’ve had it for a while (at least six months) and some of the metal casings that hold the shadows have started to come out of the palette. They’re easy enough to put back in but it makes me wary to travel with it. A mirror isn’t included in the palette so if you’re used to applying eyeshadow on the go this may not be the best for you!

Now onto the shadows! The Nudes palette includes twelve shadows in neutral colors, from champagne to taupe to bronze. The eyeshadows don’t have names (which is always a bummer to me) but at first glance, I like the assortment of colors and they all seem very wearable. I’m a big fan of neutrals, especially shimmery ones, which this palette has. There are three shades that I would consider glittery, four shimmery/satin finishes, and five mattes. To make it easier to describe them, I’ll number the shadows starting from the top left to the top right, then from the bottom left to the bottom right.

1: A glittery cool-toned cream

2: Taupe with a hint of shimmer

3. Matte cream

4: Glittery bronze

5: Matte taupe

6: Matte dark brown

7: Shimmery dark taupe

8: Matte chocolate brown

9: Glittery gold

10: shimmery dark brown

11: Shimmery cool-toned champagne

12: Matte black
                                                                                First row #1-6

                                                                             Second row #7-12
The glittery shades and I did not get along at all. They are chunky, powdery, and not very pigmented. The bronze, #4, is a bit smoother than the other two glittery finishes but still not as pigmented as I would like. When you blend out the shadow, all that’s left is the glitter.

The satin/shimmery shades are better than the glitters. They’re smoother and less powdery, making them easier to blend and work with.

I’d say that the mattes in this palette are the best. They can be built up to a nice pigment and although they’re a little hard, they still blend and there is little fall-out. The shade I use the most is #6, which I actually use for my eyebrows. They last a good amount of time with a primer.

I like that there are a variety of finishes, cool and warm tones, and shades, but the overall quality of this palette is lacking. I rarely reach for these shadows (except for my brows) and I’m sorry to say that I don’t highly recommend them. Even to swatch these for the photos I had to layer them up to get the desired pigmentation. The Maybelline single shadows are much better in my opinion, and I’ve also heard great things about their color tattoos!

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this palette!

Xx Katie
17 comments on "Review: Maybelline the Nudes Palette"
  1. I like this palette but wish it was a bit more pigmented!

    katielou99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in this palette looks lovely! It's a shame that the glittery ones were not very pigmented! Great post! Xx

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a review the other day on this palette and heard that it was really good as an all rounder but happy to have read another review on it, such a shame that the glittery shades haven't been living up, but some of the matte shades look like gorgeous warm shades xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a good starter palette but for me it didn't live up to my expectations!

      Delete
  4. Love the combination of colors, looks like you can create a lovely smokey eye look with those! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, I love the shade range in the palette but I find the lasting powder is not there at all for me even with a primer!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, loved those colors, definitely gonna try it

    http://estefaniareviews.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing this everywhere and really want to try it!

    Georgia Rose X

    www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing these palettes but when I swatch them I'm not always impressed.

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of all of the colours within the palette so it's a real shame they don't live up to expectation! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Blushed Nudes palette and love it but haven't tried this one. It's too bad the pigmentation isn't that great. Great review!

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the Blushes Nudes palette was a much better quality so I might have to check it out!

      Delete
  11. The colors look really nice!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shades in this palette but I still haven't picked it up as I was a bit put off with the lack of pigmentation of the shadows and they look like there would be a bit of fallout.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep seeing these palettes and always wondered whether I should grab one as they're so affordable, it's nice to read a review on a drug store palette. If you can get your hands on a Beauty UK palette then you're in for a treat, so affordable and shadows are great. There is a review on my page!

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't tried this palette because i've heard mixed reviews and still havent made up my mind!! Glad you like at least some of the shades!

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shimmery dark taupe looks so beautiful! www.vanityflows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9