May 2, 2016

Trying Unusual Beauty Looks #3


 
Now that the house is empty and I am free to do crazy make-up in peace, I decided it’s time for another trying unusual beauty looks post! If you follow any make-up brands on Instagram you’ve probably seen the blue eyebrows, multi-colored lips, and intricate eyeliner that I’ve seen so I decided to give some of the looks a try!

Once again, I’m not a professional make-up artist or a model. I’m using the products that I have in my collection to try to achieve a similar look as the photos. These are some of my favorite posts to do because they’re so creative and different!

Both of the photos that I’m trying out today are definitely looks that I wouldn’t wear out on the street. The first I believe was posted around Easter by Instagram user @sydn4sty and captioned “The Jellybean eye” by @katvondbeauty when they reposted the photo. It is the perfect description of this make-up look!

To start, I applied an eyeshadow primer and drew the general shape of the jellybean-type oval in a thin black pencil liner. I don’t own any magenta eyeshadows, so I used a matte pink blush to fill in the lined area. At first, I used an eyeshadow brush but it didn’t get enough pigment so I switched to one of those eyeshadow sponges that are included in most drugstore palettes.

Next, I took a black liquid eyeliner and retraced the original pencil liner to thicken and darken it. I took a few photos but wasn’t happy with the pigment, so I went back to my beauty collection and found a hot pink lipstick to put on over the blush. Using a lip brush, I deepened the color until I was happy with it.

 
After removing the make-up I realized that I’d forgotten to apply mascara like it is in the original photo, so there definitely are some differences between my version and the original! If I were to go back and try again, I would use a more neon pink product and thicken/blacken the outline a bit more.

 
The next photo is from the @Chattyprague Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Prague show in the Czech Republic. The photo was reposted by @Maccosmetics.

Knowing that I would waste a ton of liquid liner doing this look, I decided to give myself a challenge: no redos. I used an old liquid eyeliner that I didn’t really like and drew in the angles that the original photo had. I messed up in quite a few spots as I'm sure you'll be able to tell, like my crease, my lips, and my nose where the line was broken or too thick. I used a bit of make-up remover but I didn’t redo the lines in those areas.

 
Overall, I was pretty happy with this one and it was surprisingly quick to do. It was really difficult to get the eyeliner off my lips and I ended up having to use a lip scrub! Nevertheless, it might be my favorite out of this whole series just because it’s so creative and interesting.

Although I wasted copious amounts of eyeliner, this was still a lot of fun and I’d love to know your thoughts on both of these looks! If you had to, which one would you wear out in public?

Also make sure to check out the first and second posts in this series!

Xx Katie
15 comments on "Trying Unusual Beauty Looks #3"
  1. Wow these makeup looks are so unusual but so cool! You replicated them really well and they look so fun!xx

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are definitely unusual!!
    You did a great job with these looks Katie. But I don't think you will see me wearing them out anytime soon.
    http://thenewoldfashionedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun practising crazy makeup when no one is home!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like so much fun. Never did anything like this before. You copied them so well. Good job!

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh god they look absolutely cool!! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this make up ideas are perfect to the campaign or on the catwalk, the second one is simple but great <3
    xx
    myartrip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post idea - you nailed the looks! Xx

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I love them! It's a way to get out of the comfort zone and experiment makeup as a way of art, not just about beautifying yourself!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Experimenting with makeup is such good fun. I used to love creating different looks like this. X

    ♥ Carly Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love trying different looks! Always soooo fun! x

    https://dreamingoffithavenue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so funny, I have no idea where people get these looks from. Surely they don't go out like that?

    I enjoy posts like these :)

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahah! I love this idea! Amazing post!! <3

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. For an engineer beauty lies in the designs he create. For a doctor beauty lies in handing over the newborn baby to her mother. For businessman beauty lies in the number game. For a model beauty lies on curves of her body and the look on her face. best mg of cbd for bath bomb

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9