August 8, 2017

Five Products I Won't Repurchase (& What I Recommend Instead!)




Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation
I bought this several months ago expecting to love the light, water-based formula and medium coverage...but something about it doesn't suit my dry skin. The finish of this is more on the matte side, and I don't like it as much as my glowy products. However, if you have oily skin you may like this! But don't expect to buy it expecting a hydrating formula. I will finish up this bottle but will be buying a cheaper product that I like more.

Check out...the Ordinary Serum foundation
This one has a more watery formula, but a similar amount of coverage and it feels much nicer on the skin! I'll be doing a full review of it along with the Coverage foundation. Another big plus for me is the packaging--I'd choose a pump over a weird pipette applicator any day!

Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector
I've had this for a while, and though I use it everyday I notice that it just...doesn't do much? If worn alone it gives a small amount of coverage/correction, but worn under a concealer I feel like it doesn't help boost the effects of the concealer.

Check out...Tarte Shape Tape concealer
If you really want something to cancel out dark circles, I prefer a full coverage concealer over a corrector! The Tarte Shape Tape has so much pigment to it and can cover up just about anything. A little goes a long way, too.

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea, the Ordinary Serum foundation, Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector, Tarte Shape Tape 


Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
If you are in an absolute eyeliner emergency and need something that works really well the first few times you use it, this cheap Essence one works well. However, it starts to dry up quickly and isn't as black as it first is. Granted, even if you repurchased this product once a month you would hardly be breaking the bank, but personally I want to get a lot of use out of something once I buy it.

Check out...Nyx Epic Ink Liner
This liner isn't too much more than the Essence one, and it lasts a lot longer and is easier to use! This has a pointed brush tip (like the Kat von D Tattoo Liner) rather than a felt tip so I think that it glides a lot easier across the lid and dispenses more product.

Benefit High Beam (Not Cruelty-free)
My issues with this product are more to do with the shade than the formula, though there are things I don't like about the formula, too. This has a very strong pink tone to it which would only suit pale, cool-toned skintones. I am pale and warm-toned so this looks like a stripe of shimmery pink on my face. You also have to work quickly with it because it dries so fast on the skin.

Check out...Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid
The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed are my favorite highlighters of all time, and the liquid ones are good, too! I only have Opal and it blends seamlessly into the skin. Depending on how much you use, it can look like a natural or a blinding highlight.

Physician's Formula Butter Blush
Many people love the Butter Bronzers, including me, so I was eager to give their new blushes a try! They don't have many shades (though they have recently expanded it) but I chose Plum Rose, a very pale mauve shade. The formula is amazing, but this shade will only suit the palest of the pale. I had to really build it up just to swatch it below! If they got some brighter or more pigmented shades I would be over the moon about this drugstore line.

Check out...Milani Baked Blushes
In contrast, these Milani blushes are just as smooth and easy to blend, but it takes a lot less product to show up on the skin. These two shades are very different but the formulas are equally good. Milani has a better shade range in my opinion, which means they can suit a bigger variety of people, and they are cheaper!

Essence Waterproof Eyeliner pen, Nyx Epic Ink liner, Benefit High Beam (unblended), Benefit High Beam (blended), Becca Opal (unblended), Becca Opal (blended), Plum Rose, Luminoso 

Have you tried any of these products? Would you repurchase them?

Xx Katie


Follow
21 comments on "Five Products I Won't Repurchase (& What I Recommend Instead!) "
  1. I still haven't ordered the Ordinary Serum foundation, I forgot all about it since it was out of stock all the time but I need to asap! I also have other items from the Ordinary that I want to try!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added myself to the email list so I could get the foundations at the same time I ordered a bunch of other stuff! :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post! I want to try the NYX Epic eyeliner. I haven't see it in store yet. I also want to order The Ordinary foundation, I'm glad you liked it. I also like Shape Tape but hate that I have to order it online. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as Yiota, whenever I checked the ordinary foundation, it was out of stock so I stopped chasing it. I would go for the full coverage rather than the serum one. I have the Milani blush, I love the soft formula and how it feels on the skin. I can hardly finish a product, so I don't know if I'd repurchase that or I'd just look for something else.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I signed up for the email list and was able to snatch it, thankfully! I don't think I'll ever finish a full size powder either haha

      Delete
  4. I've been meaning to look into that Tarte foundation, but I have dry skin too, so I think I'll give that one a miss! I really want to try their concealer though! Great post xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post Katie! I agree with you on the High Beam the color is fine for me but it doesn't settle right on my skin.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was never a fan of the Benefit High Beam or Moon Beam range I can imagine that Becca would be good, I have the pewter version of the shimmering Skin Perfecter and it is fab x

    www.franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I bought the BECCA Brightening Corrector when my Backlight Color Corrector worked fine. I use it (the Backlight one) for my dark circles and I conceal it with Tarte Shape Tape. I got the wrong Shape Tape shade (Tan Sand) so I use that for blemishes and got the Medium shade for my dark circles. I freaking love the Shape Tape!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I want to do the same and get a slightly darker shade!

      Delete
  8. Great post, so helpful! I so want to try the Ordinary foundations xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I loved this post, it's different and so interesting! Might do it on my blog one day but I will make sure that I mention you as it was your idea :)

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! I got the original "5 products I won't repurchase" from YouTube so don't worry at all if you decide to use it x

      Delete
  10. Essence has great eyeliners those dip in Liquid ink, but I totally agree these pens dry way to quick.
    I actually love it that you wrote some alternatives instead of just writing down all bad products, nice!

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was originally going to do that actually but I had so many similar but better products in my collection! I'll have to check out some of their other liners, they're so affordable

      Delete
  11. Oh wow I so need to try the NYX liner, it's amazing xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. The NYX Epic Ink liner sounds great! Love the way you wrote this post, I actually like the Tarte foundation but then I have oily/combo skin. A shame it didn't work for you and I despise that dropper dispenser! Such a pain, have a great week xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm surprised to see the Becca corrector on here! I've been using it so much lately and noticed a huge difference when I use it! Despite that, I still want to try the Shape Tape :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love becca highlighters, and I love the look of shape tape! I still haven't tried it out yet but I would really love to, they look so so good!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9