August 6, 2017

New Project Pan



My makeup collection has been out of control lately. Blushes are spilling out of their holders, lipsticks are going unused for weeks...it's time for a stricter Project Pan. I have tried Project Pan before but I was never dedicated about it and I never posted updates, which is the most fun part!

I have been watching and reading a lot of Project Pan posts and have gotten inspired to pick one item in each makeup category that I'm going to try my best to finish up. I didn't include categories in which I only have one product, such as loose powder or corrector, because I'm definitely going to finish those up at some point. I'll do my best to post an update every few months until I get these products used up!


Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro primer
I've had this primer forever. It's not super close to being used up, but it's closer than any other primer I own. If I don't finish it this year it will expire so I don't want to waste it! This has a slightly silicon, moisturizer feel to it and it makes a good base for satin or matte foundations in my opinion.

Physician's Formula Argan Wear BB Cream
As winter is approaching I know my skin will be on the dry side, which is when I love a super-dewy base like this BB Cream. I've had this for over a year so again, I'd like to finish it before it expires. I wish I could see how much is still in here!

NARS Radiant Creamy concealer
This is my favorite concealer ever, I'm so sad that NARS is no longer cruelty-free and I won't be able to repurchase it. This sample size has lasted me months and I know I can get more uses out of it, especially when I take out the stopper and can scrape the sides.


Rimmel Stay Matte
My T zone and nose can get oily, so I always use this powder to set a glowy foundation. I've made a good dent in this and I think I will hit pan soon.


Wet n' Wild Contour Duo in Caramel Toffee
These incredibly affordable powders feel better than some of the high-end contour powders I have! I use this so often that I know I'll hit pan on the contour shade, though I rarely reach for the matte highlight side.


Jelly Pong Pong Caribbean Sun duo in Aruba
I've been trying to use up this bronzer forever! I never use the blush as it's way too orange for me, but the bronzer side I've made a good dip in.


Clinique Soft-pressed Blush in Pink Blush
As you can see I have hit major pan on this blush! It's one of the oldest that I own and it's such an easy shade to wear. It blends nicely and even if I apply too much, the color is so subtle that I never look overdone.


Trestique Mini Highlighting stick in Maldives Luminescence
I got this product from Ipsy quite a while ago and I love the metallic cream finish. I usually swirl my finger on the top of the stick and then pat it onto my cheekbones and cupid's bow. I could also use it as an eyeshadow if I really wanted to!


Colourpop Supershock Shadow in I Heart This
Truthfully there is not a single eyeshadow that I'm close to finishing up, so I went with one that I could wear with a lot of different looks. I Heart This is a glittery silvery-taupe color that looks gorgeous on the lids.


Urban Decay Naked Basics palette
Whenever a palette doesn't have a good transition shade or crease shade, this is the palette I reach for. I also always take it traveling with me! The darkest shade, crave, got smashed a while ago and is mostly gone while two or three of the other shades have big dips in them.


Maybelline Lasting Drama eyeliner in Soft Nude
I use this eyeliner every day in the waterline so I've already gone through quite a bit of it! It's a type of eyeliner that you have to sharpen, which is annoying, but it will be easy to see how much I have left to finish.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara
I'm very good about finishing up mascaras, but when they are high-end I can have some trouble letting go of them. This was a good mascara, but not my favorite. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. I don't remember how long I've had it but the formula is definitely drying out so you should be seeing this in an empties post soon!

Hanalei Lip Treatment
I have so many lip balms. It's ridiculous and overwhelming. This is a smaller sample than most, and I do prefer a thicker one before I go to bed. If I wear this everyday I will finish it soon.


Physician's Formula Argan Wear Lip Oil
I've been keeping this in my purse and while it's not my favorite, it's a very hydrating gloss that looks good over a lot of other lip products.



Rimmel Kate nude lipstick in 45
The Kate Moss x Rimmel lipstick line has been one of my favorites from the drugstore for a long time, and 45 is an easy, creamy color to wear. It's a slightly cool-toned pinky nude that is great for my skin tone.


Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber perfume
I'm not the biggest fan of this scent, but I'm so close to finishing it that I'm fine with putting up with a few sprays! I do get some compliments when I wear it, usually mixed with another scent.

Calgon Hawaiian Ginger Body Mist
I love this body mist for the summer, it's so light and sweet! It's slightly tropical but does have that hint of ginger that I like. I like to wear it to the pool.

Bath and Body Works Mango Mandarin body lotion
I am sooo close to finishing this! I've been putting it everywhere, on my feet, on my hands, on my legs, just watching the product get lower and lower in the bottle. This must be why people love Project Pan so much! I'm thinking that I will finish this before the next update.

Are you a dedicated product user, or do you tend to buy more than you can finish?

Xx Katie

12 comments on "New Project Pan"
  1. Good luck on your project pan, I can never stick to them either! I must use waaay too much concealer, as I find the Nars concealer doesn't last for ages xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I struggle with buying too much at once as well, whoops!

    Carla x
    https://makemeupinside.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way, I have like 20 tubes of nude lipsticks and I use like 2. I use Clinique's Tenderheart a lot. I have quite a few pots of Urban Decay's eye shadows that I'm trying to use up. So hard because I'm constantly reading about new stuffs that make me want to go out and get some 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to participate in project pan as well! My collection will probably out live me haha. Good luck on your journey!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Rimmel's matte range, the powder is sooo good!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to do this! I have so much products and some that I don't reach for a lot!

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so many products to finish too, but I end up buying more before giving them a chance and end up not using them anymore.

    Yiota x
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool idea, I should try it as well! The Rimmel Stay Matte powder has been my saviour for years now.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to do a project pan and not spend so much on makeup! I have made a dent on my Becca Backlight Colour Corrector and Too Faced Semi-Sweet palette so if I were to do a project pan those would be included!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Heart This is one of my absolute favourites as it's so versatile and stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely buy way more than I use too! Good product picks! https://kellyincaliblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. billig, hochwertige, sch?ne Kleider, die Sie verdienen abendkleider kostenloser rückversand Sehen Sie mehr Kleider, klicken Sie bitte http://www.jadegowns.de/

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9