September 19, 2017

50 Questions You've Never Been Asked Tag


A few months ago I saw this tag going around and it looked so fun, I decided to break up my usual reviews and hauls with something more personal! It's been a long time since my last tag post. 

1.What is your favourite candle scent?
I love Champagne Toast from Bath and Body Works, but sadly it only comes out around New Year's! 

2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Taylor Swift. We both love cats, she'd really fit in with my family. 

3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
I would say Matthew Daddario, but then he couldn't be my celebrity crush...

4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? 
Honestly, marriage is one of the last things on my mind. I have five years of school left! Probably late twenties or early thirties, if I get married at all. I can also picture myself as a fabulous single woman jet-setting around the world with nothing to hold me down. 

5. Do you know a hoarder?
I'm a hoarder in the fact that I keep junk around, but that's just because I'm too lazy to throw it out! 

6. Can you do the splits?
No way! I can do a handstand, though. 

 7. How old were you when you learnt to ride a bike?
I'm not sure. Probably around 5? What's the average age? 

Surfing in North Carolina

8. How many oceans have you swam in?
Just the Atlantic! I've only swam in the ocean in Florida and North Carolina, but I love it. 



9.  How many countries have you visited? 
Technically two, but it feels like only one. I live right on the Canadian-American border so a quick trip to the Canadian mall doesn't feel like anything international. 

10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
My dad is in the National Guard and one of my cousins was, too. Also, fun fact I recently learned about my family: my great-uncle was sort of a spy during the Cold War and that's why he was buried at Arlington Cemetery. 

11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I love the name Blake! I probably would never use it because I never want kids. 

12.  What would you name your son if you had one?
I've always liked the name Austin, but my sister is dating a guy named Austin so I think it would be too weird now regardless of whether they stay together. My second choice is Evan, but both Blake and Evan are characters in a novel I'm trying to write. 

13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
The worst that I can remember is a C, but I'm sure that I failed a test or two in my high school economics class. 


14. What was your favourite TV show as a kid? 
An Australian show called H2o: Just Add Water! I was obsessed with it, I wanted to be a mermaid so badly. 

15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
Probably a vampire. 

16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight Books?
I've read all of those series! I actually enjoyed them all, I know a lot of people dislike Twilight but personally I thought the series was good. The movies are debatable. 

17. Would you rather have an American or British accent?
British, it sounds more fancy than my American one haha. 

18. Did your mother go to University?
Yes, my parents both went to Saginaw Valley University and that's where they met. 

19. Are your Grandparents still married?
I only have one living Grandparent, so no. 

20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
I took one karate lesson in which I stood in a corner and punched the air for an hour and a half. I quit after that. 

21. Do you know who Kermit the Frog is?
Yes, but more so for the memes than for the Muppets! 

22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
Disney World, I think! I went for either my fifth or sixth birthday. 

23. What language beside your native language would you like to speak?
Spanish would be useful. Hablo un poco espanol. (I speak a little bit of Spanish) 

24. Do you spell the color grey or gray?
I use it interchangeably, but I think it's meant to be grEy in England and grAy in America. I blame all of my Canadian teachers. 

My dad, my sister, & I at a Tiger's game in Detroit

25. Is your father bald?
No, but he shaves his head for work and his hairline is definitely receding. 

26. Do you know any triplets?
My final year of high school a family of triplets started going to my school! There were two girls and a boy and they were all fraternal. 

27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I guess the Titanic. I've never seen the Notebook, I'm not a big fan of romance. 

28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Honestly not that I know of! I don't like spicy foods, but I would be willing to try something that isn't spicy. I'm unfortunately a very picky eater. 

Me, my sister, and my cousins at Pizza Popolis in Detroit

29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
There are a lot of local restaurants I like. Me and my family go to the Cozy a lot. I also love Zorba's, which has Greek food, and Clyde's, which is a really small burger chain here in Michigan. I also love Pizza Popolis in Detroit, we go there every time we go to a sports game or concert! 

30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
No, I think that's a British thing haha. 

31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores? (Costco, Bookers, etc?)
No, but my mom does! 

32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
Jared. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I know quite a few people named Jared. 

33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Katie is actually a nickname, my real name is Katelyn! When I was little people called me Katie Bug. As a joke I sometimes call myself 'The Real Slim Katie'. 

Me and my sister at a Journey concert Summer 2017

34. Who is your favourite person in the world?
Probably my sister! We're really close in age. 

35. Would you rather live in the country or the city?
Probably something in between. I live in a really rural area and I hate having to travel minimum three hours to go anywhere interesting! 

36. Can you whistle?
Yes, but it usually takes me a minute. 

37. Do you sleep with a night light?
No, I need complete darkness. 

38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
Yes, but not usually traditional breakfast foods. 

39. What medical conditions do you have?
I'm allergic to a certain medication. 

40. How many times have you been in hospital?
I think only once to get my tonsils removed. 

41. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Of course! It's not my favorite Disney/Pixar movie, but it's cute. 

42. Where do you buy your jeans? 
I really like Hollister jeans even though I have to go up a size because they run so small. I had one pair that lasted me nearly six years, they stretch so nicely and are good quality! 

43. What was the last compliment you received?
My aunt said that my skin looked really nice last weekend! 

44. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
No, my dreams never make any sense! I call them Alice in Wonderland dreams because I can never even put into words what they were about. 

45. What flavor tea do you enjoy?
Regular, I guess, and Chai. I only drink tea when I'm not feeling well. 

46. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Probably more than a dozen. They're scattered around my house! 

47. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
I'm Agnostic, so no religion, but I don't want kids either haha. If for whatever reason I ended up having some then they can be whatever religion they want. 

48. How old were you when you found out santa wasn’t real?
My sister and I had a big conspiracy going after she found out the Tooth Fairy wasn't real. I was probably seven. 

49. Why do you have a blog?
I love to write and I love to talk about makeup! 



50. Name five of your favourite albums ever (in no particular order)
Alright, I'm only going to name one Taylor Swift album otherwise she would take up every space!

1. 1989 (extended version) by Taylor Swift (my favorite of hers)
2. 21 by Adele
3. Blue Neighborhood (extended version) by Troye Sivan
4. When the World Comes Down by the All American Rejects
5. Dark Horse by Nickelback (don't judge me)

I love the sound of 1989, it's my go-to album and I always keep it in my car. 21 is my favorite of Adele's, is there anything more beautiful than Someone Like You? Last Christmas I got the Troye Sivan album and though it's a different sound than I usually go for, it's more electronic, I love it. The song Heaven nearly made my cry the first time I listened to it. As for the last two, I have a lot of nostalgia attached to the All American Rejects and that album is a rock jam. And Nickelback is my mom's favorite band so I grew up listening to them and even saw them perform the songs from Dark Horse live. Everyone judges me for it haha! 

That last question got long-winded, but here we are the end of the tag! If you would like to do this and answer these questions, consider yourself tagged. I hope you learned something new and fun about me! 

What are some of your favorite albums?

Xx Katie


17 comments on "50 Questions You've Never Been Asked Tag"
  1. nice to know more about you. i love question tags
    The Glossychic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great tag idea! Great to know more about a blogger!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never seen The Notebook?? You should.. lol I enjoyed this post. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else that loves Taylor Swift and Troye Sivan! Nice! BTW I love this tag, saw a different one which was the basic 50 questions and this is something more interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great questions and post!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading posts like these, you get more of an insight of the person behind the blog xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful tag and I loved the answers!! I wish I had a sister, I always dreamed of having a sister when I was younger and do all things together! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Nando's seriously a British thing!?! How sad - I never realised !

    Robyn | butterfly-culture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love posts like this, it's so great to get to know other bloggers! I haven't seen The Notebook either!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would NEVER name my son Austin since that is my last ex's name, and it did not end well at all! I love Indian food (seeing that I am 1/4), butter chicken is a good dish to try since it's not spicy, but still creamy and flavorful!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to find a recipe and try it! :)

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, H2O was my LIFE when I was a kid! Haha awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the Twilight books! The movies really weren't that great though lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this! Short answers, but you learn a lot from these. Other than one karate lesson and not drinking tea, we're basically total opposites haha
    again, awesome post to break the makeup routine (which I love btw :D)
    and I don't know if I would be able to name favorite albums. I don't have those. songs maybe (but hard), but these...

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9