September 1, 2017

August Empties & Declutter


Another month, another round of empties! This one has been unusually successful for me. I finished a range of haircare, skincare, bodycare, and makeup, and I'm also getting rid of a good number of things I don't use anymore.


Good Things Acai Berry Micellar Water
I wanted to try a micellar water and this one was on sale at TJ Maxx--in short, I loved how well it removed my makeup but it had a strong acai scent that I'm not fond of. Would not repurchase.

Exotic Island Paradise Fijian Coconut Sugar Scrub
The first of two scrubs I finished up this month, I've had this for well over a year and it works incredibly well. It smells amazing, very tropical but not straight-up coconut, and is very rough so a little goes a long way. I would repurchase this if I could find it again!

Nexxus Humectress Luxe Ultimate Moisturizing Leave-in Spray
I've had this for ages and really enjoyed it. It's light and very conditioning.

Marc Anthony Deep Repair Aloe Vera Jasmine Conditioning Treatment
This was a deluxe sample from an Ipsy bag and I got maybe eight uses from it--pretty good for a sample! It smelled nice and floral but I don't think it made my hair feel more conditioned, so I don't recommend it.

Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
The second scrub I finished, this one smelled nice but very strong. I used it as a body scrub and it didn't last me more than a month, so I wasn't happy with it especially considering how expensive it is. If you used it on the face it would be much easier to get your money's worth, although the larger salt granules might be too rough for the face!


Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
I bought this half off and I'm glad that I did! It was a good mascara but I wouldn't repurchase it for the full price. Maybe if it were half-off again.

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm
Yet another empty Blistex--I keep this everywhere, in my purse, next to my table...I go through at least one a month. The medicated berry is actually my favorite flavor, but the original is easier to find and a close second.

Mary Kay oil-free eye remover
I've used this for years and years, it does an amazing job at taking off stubborn eye makeup! I have several backups of it so I'm glad I won't have to find a replacement for it anytime soon. It does leave a slightly oily feeling behind, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Chaleur Danimale perfume
My mom gave this to me years ago and I finally used it up. It smells a little bit floral, a little bit musky. It's nowhere near my favorite but I didn't dislike it.



Declutter:

Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss Fragrance
This is a great Autumn body spray, very dark and musky but still sweet. I've had it so long that the color turned from purple to brown, so while it still smells good I decided it was time to toss it.

Warm Vanilla Ultra Rich Body Butter
I've always enjoyed vanilla scents, but something about this one is a little too artificial for me. Good thing I have ten other vanilla lotions...

Mary Kay at Play Baked Eyeshadow trio in Sunset Beach
The formula of this is nice, if you like baked shadows, but I don't use colors like this often in my eye looks, especially as an all-shimmer trio. My sister might like this.

LA Colors liquid eyeliner
For a $1 liner, this was a good one! It dried super black and matte. Unfortunately the brush tip has gotten some strange pilling at the end of it which makes it hard to get a good line. I might consider repurchasing this one in the future because it really does work well.


L'Oreal Infallible Lip Paint in Nude Star
While I love this color and formula, the awful floral scent always turns me off wearing it. I have a lot of shades like this in my collection so I decided to let it go.

Clinique Butter Shine lipstick in Baby, Baby
I'm slowly decluttering all of my Clinique lipsticks. They aren't my favorite formula, they aren't cruelty-free, the shades I own aren't my favorites, and I didn't spend any money on them, so I don't feel bad getting rid of them. This one is a very sheer, glossy, shimmery formula.

Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Foiled
They don't even make this anymore so I have no use for it on my blog. I never wore it anyway, although it is a very metallic shade which is on trend at the moment.

Tarte Quick Dry Matte lip paint in Rose
I got this in an Ipsy bag ages ago and was expecting to love it just like I love the Tarteist Creamy Matte lip paints, but this one is way more drying. The shade is also a little too peachy for me.

Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Sugared Maple
Another Clinique declutter, this bronzey-pink isn't very flattering on me.

Bath and Body Works lip gloss in Limeade
Anyone else have a boat load of these? I don't think BBW makes these anymore, but I used to be a big fan of them. The scent of this one is still really nice but it's packed with glitter, which I don't wear on my lips very much. Fun fact: I stole this from my sister years and years ago, so I'll see if she wants it back haha!

What types of products do you finish the fastest? For me it's mascaras, I always seem to have one in my empties!

Xx Katie

20 comments on "August Empties & Declutter"
  1. Well done on the products finished and decluttered. I finish skincare a lot quicker than makeup xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this! I must do one myself at some point! Go you for decluttering! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that Tarte mascara but the problem I have with it is it goes clumpy really quickly! :-(

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always found the Ocean Salt scrub to be a bit too strong scented too ... And agree, it says its for your face but I think it would be far too rough!

    https://amyevans.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wand of the lights, camera, flashes mascara, but it is pricey!
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I am not the only one that owns more than 5 vanilla body creams, I love this scent so much!! I would love to try the Loreal Infallible Lip Paints but is the scent too intense? What is it like?

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've tried any L'oreal lip products it smells exactly like the others! Very floral, kind of fake-sweet and grandma-ish to me. Some people don't mind it

      Delete
  7. It's always refreshing to do a little clean out! I really like that Tarte mascara. It used to be my favourite before I found out about the Lash Sensational!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love Ocean Salt, but haven't purchased it in a while! I remember the sales associate telling me to use it on my face, but ouch I think that would be too rough too!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same about the tarte mascara, like it was nice but I dont think I'd repurchase!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so satisfying to finish products up, or declutter if you're over them! I always use up cleansers and haircare the fastest, which make my empties posts kind of boring.

    Morgan | Hyacinth Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Thanks for sharing!
    Follow for follow?
    Shoes Online Shopping India

    ReplyDelete
  12. that blistex lip balm is going to be making a very speedy entrance back into my routine now it's getting to the colder months again! i'm gonna have to dig it out from the back of my drawer where it's been hiding!

    ps. dontcha just LOVE a good declutter?! I'm aiming to do the same this week seeing as i have a week off, is it lame i'm really REALLY excited about it!?

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! Having too many products is overwhelming

      Delete
  13. Great job decluttering and finishing up products. It feels so good to finish products and sort through the collection. Http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so hard for me to finish products, but what I finish more are definitely makeup wipes and makeup remover. The All Nighter Setting Spray too, I'm on my third bottle and today I finished my ABH Brow Wiz! xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can never bring myself to declutter :g
    It's disappointing that Lush scrub didn't last longer, I know the price >.<

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you've done amazingly to get through so many products, i'm rubbish at finishing products xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you want to become the focus of the party, choose us you can become the focus of the whole
    buy wedding dress uk cream prom dresses red evening dresses uk

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9