September 14, 2017

September Ipsy Bag Review



My Ipsy bag arrived quite early this month, which is always a nice surprise! I already knew what I was getting (I can never resist looking at the sneak peeks) and I wasn't initially very excited, but now that the products have arrived there are a few I really want to use.

If you aren't familiar, Ipsy is a $10 makeup subscription bag available in America and Canada. It delivers 5 makeup, skincare, or haircare products right to your door every month! Usually there is at least one full size products and a few deluxe samples. For my large collection, deluxe samples are perfectly fine though I do like to get full-sized products to increase the overall value of my subscription.

Ciate Wonderwand Mascara
This is the product I'm most excited about! I really like Ciate as a brand and I've heard that this mascara is comparable to the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, which is one of my favorites. I can definitely see the similarities between the two, they both have the same hourglass shape and long bristles. I have about a dozen mascaras on backup at the moment (yes, I'm ridiculous) so I will add this to the pile to use!


Feel Renewed Pumpkin Walnut Facial Cleanser
One sniff of this cleanser and I was hooked. I'm not a big fan of the squeezy-tube packaging, but it smells like pumpkin so I'm down for it. It looks really good for traveling, too.

Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack
This is the product I'm least excited about. Based on the directions, this is an overnight mask that you are supposed to wash off in the morning. It smells very medicinal, which I don't personally like. I've never used a product like this and I don't think that I want to. I sleep on my side so I'm sure it would end up all over my pillow, anyway!

Smashbox Photo Finish Radiance Foundation Primer
Smashbox isn't a brand that I have tried much from, but I've heard great things about their primers so I'm excited to try this. It sounds good for dry skin and when I swatched it on the back of my hand it gave my skin a subtle, pretty luminosity.

Nomad Cosmetics Multi-Perfection Bronzer in Principessa
I can't imagine using either of these shades as a bronzer, they are both so shimmery, but as a highlighter both shades are gorgeous! I could use the paler, left side as a highlight or mix them together for a golden glow. I don't need any more highlighters, to be honest, but this one is a nicer formula than others in my collection so I don't want to give it away.

Principessa (left side), Principessa (right side), Principessa (swirled together)

So overall, this isn't my favorite Ipsy bag, but I'm excited to use the Ciate mascara, Nomad highlighter, and the pumpkin cleanser. They are all deluxe sample sizes, which is a little disappointing, but sample primers last me forever, sample mascaras last me just as long as a full-size one, and I've never used up a powder product so I can't be too picky with the highlighter.

Which product would you be most excited about?

Xx Katie
22 comments on "September Ipsy Bag Review"
  1. I would be more excited for the Smashbox primer! xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposed to get the smash box primer as well but am still waiting on my bag. My August bag never arrived and the replacemen hasn't arrived either. Not too happy.

    www.BlushandPearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be most excited about the Smashbox primer! I am always hearing great things about them.
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ciate mascara is supposed to be really good! You got a good bag this time!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of SanityBurberry Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the sound of that mascara! I think I'd get this just for that haha. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh the smashbox primer! And those highlighter shades - amazing! x

    TOUCHOFGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way would I use a bronzer that shimmery, but it would make a good eye shadow shade xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mascara looks lovely! I wish I got that instead of the blush. And the sleeping pack looks like a kiddy juice box, lol

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the Ciata mascara!!!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried Ipsy but didn't continue. The bag look really nice itself. I would want to try the Ciate Mascara and the Smashbox Primer. Enjoy! http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with the highlighter shades. Amazing :)

    My blog: http://starshinebeauty.blogspot.hr/

    Follow for follow? Let me know on my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post dear, I really like it ^^ I need to try the mascara, I'm looking for new one!

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. For ten dollars, this is a pretty good value box!! I have given up on subscription boxes a while ago as I just wasn't pleased with what I got at all, but this one looks so tempting! I do like the look of that Ciate mascara as well, so I would love to see your full review of it! :) The swatches are super beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing, lovely! <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. did it come with that black bag, too?! because i am heart eye emojis for that bag...it's gorgeous!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did, I forgot to talk about it but that's a definite plus of the bag, too! :)

      Delete
  15. A pumpkin face cleanser! It doesn't get much better then that.

    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. cheap, high-quality, beautiful dresses you deserve mother of the bride hats View more dresses, please click http://www.minel.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this lovely post with us.....we are waiting for your another write ups.. have a nice day....keep posting
    laptop sleeves online in India

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks https://canvasbag1.medium.com/

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9