September 17, 2017

Lorac Unzipped Ocean Sunset Palette Review



The moment these three sunset-inspired palettes were released, I started drooling after them. Every single one had shades that I love and don't already own--a key feature in the palettes that I'm trying to buy lately!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't buy any more all-neutral palettes. I can't justify it anymore, even though eyeshadow palettes are my favorite thing to buy and neutral shadows are my favorite to wear. Who really needs the same dark brown shade in five different formulas? Not me!

That's what I feel the Sunset-inspired range from Lorac has done really well: put a good mix of neutral shades with more unique, colorful ones. I was torn between the Ocean Sunset and the Desert Sunset and finally settled on the Ocean one as it has more shades that are new to my collection.

Lorac's Pro eyeshadow formula is one of my favorites so I was a little nervous to try their Unzipped one! Thankfully, they seem very similar to me and I've had similar good results with this palette. Lorac's formula is very pigmented but can be powdery and has a lot of kickup. The eyeshadows blend really well and last a long time with a primer! The eyeshadows aren't for everyone, but I personally really like them and find them easy to use.


The packaging of this palette is a gorgeous ombre cardboard with a strong magnet. I think the packaging looks great, but I notice that if I try to open the palette at the right-hand corner (which is what I do for most palettes) the cardboard starts to bend along the lines put into the palette. So far it hasn't been damaged at all, but if I don't get out of that habit I think it will get some noticeable creases. The palette includes ten shades, five mattes, four shimmers, and one glitter infused, and doesn't include a mirror.

The shades are:

Mother of Pearl: shimmery pearl

Salt Water: glitter-infused mint

Ocean Floor: shimmery bronze

Horizon: matte light burnt orange

Sea Urchin: shimmery plum

Bedrock: matte khaki brown

Sundown: matte pink

Sandbar: shimmery dark gold

High Tide: matte dark pink

Stingray: matte navy

Swatches from left to right: Mother of Pearl, Salt Water, Ocean Floor, Horizon, Sea Urchin, Bedrock, Sundown, Sandbar, High Tide, Stingray

My favorite shades are Sea Urchin, Sundown, Sandbar, and High Tide! I also love the color of the Salt Water shade, but the glitter tends to fall out everywhere when you put it on the lid. Salt Water is the only shade that I think is difficult to use. If you do your eye makeup first it shouldn't be an issue, but it ruined my face makeup the day I tried to use it!

Other than Salt Water, I find the mattes very soft and blendable and the shimmers to be gorgeous and metallic. There is a good mix of shades including transitions, crease shades, and a highlighting shade. The only thing I wish it had was a matte cream shade to set my primer with and highlight my browbone. I find myself using most of the shadows in here. Stingray and Salt Water are the only ones I don't think I'll use often.

This palette is, unfortunately, limited edition along with the Mountain Sunset and the Desert Sunset palettes. If you're drawn to these shades, I do recommend this palette and I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of it! It is available at Ulta or the Lorac website for $42.

What do you think of the Ocean Sunset palette?

Xx Katie



Follow
17 comments on "Lorac Unzipped Ocean Sunset Palette Review"
  1. This palette is actually stunning! I think the blue and lilac were throwing me off, but actually they're quite wearable when swatched and I'd wear all of the other shades :) Lorac eyeshadows are just amazing

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this palette before, but oh my god it looks gorgeous! There are so many stunning colours, but it is such a shame that it's limited edition!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted the Desert Sunset palette until I found out it was $42 for just 10 shades. The Lorac Pro is about the same price and has way more shades. I still may get it though, we'll see

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the colours in that palette - gorgeous!
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty palette! High Tide is such a beautiful shade, wow!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every palette that I see from Lorac I like, there's not one yet that I don't like! I've always wanted to try their eyeshadows but unfortunately it's kinda hard as the brand isn't available to Portugal. xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the packaging and the shades look great too!

    xo, Elisabeth
    http://elisabethhayes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shades are gorgeous! I'm yet to try any of Lorac's products, all of they're palettes look so nice.

    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaah that is one absolutely stunning palette! I wish we had Lorac here in the UK!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  10. This palette looks so pretty! The swatches look really nice. I've only tried the Lorac Pro palette. I say I don't want any more neutral palettes but I know it's a lie. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in the same boat, just can't justify another neutral palette anymore but at the same time I am terrified of colour eyeshadows. LOL!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of SanityBurberry Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah that's gorgeous!! Definitely agree it's the perfect balance of more 'out there' shadows and daily ones. I've never tried Lorac but I really want to!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful dress,including italian evening dresses royal export dresses wedding dresses ns if you want to know more Please visit our website http://www.clavonna.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo gorgeous! I can see myself using this palette!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a plan for wedding? wdress mother of reviews Do you surprised by the high price of wedding dresses? Come to have a look. It will not make you disappointed.wdress mother of the bride shop market bosworth reviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feels beautiful'. Is beauty an object to look and measure, is beauty a feeling to sense or is beauty an idea to endeavour? With every possible answer to existing questions we get more questions instead. What are CBD bath bombs?

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9