June 30, 2017

June Empties and Declutter



I didn't do an empties post last month because I didn't have very many products, but between then and now I finished up/decluttered a ton of things that I can't wait to share! I'm reaching a point in my makeup collection where I'm trying not to buy as much simply because I'm running out of room to store it all! Lipsticks especially are getting overwhelming, which is why I'm decluttering so many in this post.

Also I mentioned in my Going Cruelty Free post, I am making the transition to no longer buying makeup that is sold in mainland China (and is subjected to animal testing there) so a lot of things that I would have repurchased are no longer options for me. I will be honest about whether or not I liked a product, but I put a Not CF label next to non-cruelty free items as an explanation as to why I won't repurchase it. And with that, let's get on with the empties!

Empties:

Carmex
A boring, standard empty--I'm pretty sure I've included a tube of this in every empties post I've done--I wear this every night before going to bed so that I don't wake up with dry lips. Already repurchased!

Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Bathing Milk
I bought this on a whim from TJ Maxx, mostly because of the packaging. It is shaped like an old-fashioned milk bottle. It doesn't smell amazing, unfortunately, but it produces some major bubbles. I might consider repurchasing and mixing in with a bath product that has a nicer scent.

Tresemme Dry Shampoo (Not CF)
I bought this to use as an alternative to Batiste dry shampoo, which leaves a white cast, while this one doesn't. However, I don't think that it absorbs oil quite as well as the Batiste ones and I will not be repurchasing. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (Not CF)
I loved this concealer and it lasted me a very long time! This was in my Project Pan for 2017 so I'm happy to be done with it. It blended nicely, had a good medium coverage, and felt hydrating and brightening under the eye. I haven't actually seen this in the drugstore in a long time so it may have been discontinued, either way I will not be repurchasing. 

Covergirl Lashblast Fusion mascara (Not CF)
This was one of my favorite mascaras back in the day so I decided to repurchase it and see if I still liked it. It's good for lengthening, but overall it's no longer one of my favorites.

Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry (Not CF)
Another Project Pan product, I'm glad to finally be done with this one. By the end I was just using it to finish it if that makes sense! This Chubby Stick leaves a subtle pink tint that you could get with any tinted lip balm, therefore I don't recommend it and I won't repurchase it. However, the Chubby Stick Intenses are much more pigmented and still hydrating, so if you're curious about these I would recommend the Intenses instead!

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (Not CF)
This is one of my favorite foundations from the drugstore. It has high coverage, doesn't emphasize texture, and there is a shade that matches me perfectly in the winter. It's very affordable though I would have been willing to pay an extra dollar or two for a pump! It has a subtle luminous finish, somewhere between satin and glowy for my skin.


Declutter:

Most of the things I've decided to declutter from my collection are either very old, things that I never use, or both!

Maybelline Color Whisper lip balm in Petal Rebel (Not CF)
I've had this bright Barbie pink tinted lip balm for years and though I like the formula, the shade isn't very flattering on me. 

Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick in Venezia
This is the first liquid lipstick that I ever bought based on a pretty Instagram post from several years ago. I wore it a lot at first so that I could do a review of it, but since then I haven't worn it once. The formula is amazing but this color makes my teeth look so yellow! I think if you have a deeper skin tone and/or really white teeth you may love this for summer, but I just don't want it anymore.

Elf Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Almond
I truly don't know why I bought this? A few years ago I had decided to get really tan one summer, so I over-estimated how dark I would get and bought this tinted moisturizer. I used to mix this with foundations in the summer, but it is just too dark for me and it's definitely getting old. I can't even tell you how it performs because I never wore it on it's own! 

Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Golden Topaz
This looks amazingly metallic in the pan, but the moment I brought it home and swatched it....no. It's just glitter. Even with a wet brush I can't get it to look nice on the eyes. I'm sure my sister will like it, so I'll pass it on now rather than let it take up space in my drawers.  

Clinique Different lipsticks in Plum Brandy, Rose Taffy, and Raspberry (Not CF)
I've had these for so long, they are definitely expired by now. Raspberry used to be one of my favorites. All of the shades are quite pretty, but they are getting lost in my collection. They are pretty standard lipsticks in my opinion. Raspberry and Rose Taffy both have some shimmer/glitter to them, while Plum Brandy is a typical creme finish. 

Mary Kay lipsticks in Sunset and Apricot Glaze (Not CF)
Same as the Clinique ones, I've had these for many years and it's time to get rid of them. Both of these are gorgeous colors. I would consider them both satin finishes. 

10 comments on "June Empties and Declutter"
  1. It's unbelievable how many brands are not cruelty free, isn't it? And with the recent news that Nars are launching in China and will be testing their products on animals, what can I say?? It's a shame!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Guess I'm taking Sheer Glow off my wishlist :(

      Delete
  2. How do you tell if a brand is cruelty free or not? I find it quite hard t tell if certain brands are and they never have correct information online or on products! I really want to go cruelty free also! I also really need to try Carmex as my lips are awful at the moment! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a shame about that stila eyeshadow. It looks so beautiful in the pan!

    www.beautylifebecca.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try more from Stila I've only ever used their lip gloss, but I've heard so many good things about them. I feel the same way about the Carmex lip balm, it's in every empties post I've done.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love posts like this, it is so good to see what people are using up completely! Shame about the Eyeshadow though it looks like it would be so beautiful :(

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it hard when you know some of your favorite products (like this Rimmel foundation) is not CF and you just decided to go CF?
    I always love a good declutter, I should probably do one myself, but I'm lazy haha

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. My lipsticks are getting a bit cramped too! I'm trying to use more but I'm fighting a losing battle because I keep buying more, haha! I love decluttering and using up products though it just feels so satisfying! Xox
    Www.thedarkeowl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9