June 3, 2017

June Everyday Makeup Drawer



In order to get the most use out of my makeup collection, I pick out a drawer full of products each month and try my best to only use them. So far it has worked really well and I've been finished more makeup products, while still testing out my new ones!

I have so many products that I'm trying out this month so I'm going to try to write only a sentence about each one!


Primers and Mixers:

MAC Prep and Prime (sample)
This leaves a glowy, hydrated base and I really like it despite the slight shimmer to it.

MAC Strobe Cream (sample)
This can be used as a primer, mixer, or highlighter and I prefer it as a mixer to give a glowy look to a matte or satin foundation.

LA Girl Pro Coverage foundation in White
Your girl is white AF and needs this mixer to help my face match my neck!

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
This is super yellow so I mix it in with a neutral foundation to give the slight yellow undertone that suits my skin.

Foundations and BB Creams:

Elf Flawless Finish
This was recommended to me by a trusted YouTuber and it's so cheap that I decided to test it out!

Too Faced Born This Way
My holy grail, it gives a medium to full coverage with a glowy finish.

L'Oreal Pro Glow
One of my favorite drugstore foundations, this has good coverage and gives a more dewy/glowy finish.

Pur-lisse BB Cream (sample)
I got this in an Ipsy bag last month and I'm loving the coverage of it! I'm still putting it to the test and it's a surprisingly good shade match for me.

Correctors and Concealers:

Becca Undereye Brightening corrector
This slight peachy tone gives a tiny bit of coverage and does a good job of illuminating my undereye area. I wear it under concealer.

Rimmel Wake Me Up
I'm so close to finishing this medium coverage, easy-to-blend drugstore concealer!

Nyx HD
This hasn't blown me away but it's one of the lightest concealers I have so it is pretty good for highlighting the undereye.

NARS Radiant Creamy
One of my favorite concealers, I really don't want to repurchase it due to the price but I know I will! It gives a ton of coverage and is slightly brightening.

Clinique City Stick
My aunt gave this to me and I'm still trying to figure out if I like it. It's a stick concealer that can be a bit dry. You may see it in a declutter post this month if I don't end up reaching for it!

Setting Powders:

Rimmel Stay Matte
I only use this on my nose when I'm wearing a really dewy foundation or when it's hot out--here's hoping it gets warm this month!

Elf HD Translucent Powder
I use this all over the face and I'm almost done with it!

YSL Gypsy Opale Face Powder (limited edition)
This slightly shimmery, color correcting powder is absolutely beautiful and I use it on high points of my face that I'm not going to emphasize with a traditional highlighter.


Contour and Bronzers:

Wet n' Wild Contour duo in Caramel Toffee
My all time favorite contour shade is this silky-smooth cool-toned drugstore powder. It's such good quality, even if the packaging isn't.

No. 7 Match Made Bronzer in Caramel
I bought this at Ulta last month and the design reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury film star duo! It's beautifully soft and seems blendable, so we'll see how it performs on the face.

NARS Laguna
My all-time favorite shimmery bronzer.

Elizabeth Mott Whatup Beaches Bronzer (sample)
Another Ipsy offering, this is tiny but seems like a good product. It's a lighter shade than I'm used to so I can be as crazy as I want when applying it.

Jelly Pong Pong Aruba duo
This is in my Project Pan for 2017 and I'm making good progress so far. I'm hoping to hit pan this summer!

Swatches from left to right: Caramel Toffee duo, Laguna, Caramel, Aruba, Whatup Beaches

Blushes:

Pacifica Wild Rose
I love this shimmery rose gold shade, even if it isn't the most pigmented.

theBalm Hot Mama blush (sample)
This sample annoys me because it's such a beautiful coral shade but it's so small I can barely fit my brush in it. I will try, and if it doesn't work it gets the ax.

Milani Tea Rose
A neutral pink, this blush is super pigmented on a brush and the design of it is stunning.

Clinique Pink Blush
Another Project Pan product, I'm SO CLOSE to finishing this up! I use it all the time and at this rate it should be gone by 2018.

Swatches from left to right: Wild Rose, Tea Tose, Pink Blush, Hot Mama, Soft and Gentle, Precious Petals, Maldives Luminescence, Lilac Petal

Highlighters:

MAC Soft and Gentle
Such a beautiful marbled shade, I can see why it's so hyped! I haven't used it as much as I should so I'm putting it in my drawer this month.

Wet n' Wild Megaglow in Precious Petals
If you're looking for a golden glow on a budget, look no further.

Trestique Mini Highlighting Stick in Maldives Luminescent
My Project Pan highlighter, I keep this in my drawer always and use it to highlight the cheekbones, the browbone, the Cupid's Bow, pretty much everywhere. For an extra punch I'll layer a powder highlight over it.

Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal
I can't believe this metallic pink is only $1. There isn't a hint of glitter in here, just sheen.


Eyeshadow Palettes and Singles:

Storybook Cosmetics Wizardry and Witchcraft palette
I just got this palette and I am going to play with every single shade until my review goes up! The colors are absolutely beautiful and I feel like Hermione or Morgana every time I reach for it.

Too Faced Natural Eyes palette
This is the only neutral palette I need. (hahaha just kidding I have like twelve others, but this one has all of my favorite shades)

Clinique All About Shadow trio
Like all of my other Clinique goodies, I got this from my aunt and the three shimmery shades in here are super beautiful except the taupe shade, which is rather dry and not very pigmented.

Elf Molten Liquid Eyeshadow in Rose Gold
This liquid eyeshadow blows me away, it's so foiled and metallic! I dot it with the doe-foot applicator onto my eyelid and then blend it in with a synthetic brush, and once it sets it doesn't budge.

Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Golden Topaz
I bought this at TJ Maxx and it looked really metallic, but once I swatched it it looked like a lot of glitter...and not much else. I'm going to try it on the eyes before I judge it too harshly, but as you can see there doesn't seem to be a lot of color to it in the swatch.

Swatches from left to right: Rose Gold, Clinique eye trio, Golden Topaz, Perfect Point Plus, Bulletproof liner, Telescopic, Soft Nude

Eyeliners:

L'Oreal Telescopic liquid eyeliner
This liquid liner is super black and budge-proof, although it can be difficult to work with.

Too Faced Bulletproof 24 hour shadow liner
I find this thicker formula hard to use, but as an eyeshadow base it makes the most amazing dark smokey eye.

Covergirl Perfect Point Plus
It's hard to find a thinner pencil liner at the drugstore that you don't have to sharpen!

Maybelline Gel Pencil Eyeliner in Soft Nude
I use this shimmery nude in the waterline everyday to brighten up my eyes.


Mascaras:
IT Cosmetics Superhero (sample)
I've heard great things about this mascara so I'm really happy that I got a sample of it from Ipsy!

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Conveniently, this is supposed to be a dupe for the Superhero mascara so I'm going to test out both at the same time.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
I like this mascara for volumizing, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it and instead bought it during the Ulta sale when it was only $10. I'm hoping it will be even better now that it's dried out a little.


Lips:

MAC Viva Glam II
This mauvey nude is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks, and the Satin formula is long-lasting and comfortable on the lips.

Colourpop Ultra Satin lip in Calypso
I hate most liquid lipsticks, so you know that this is a comfortable one! Calypso is a darker nude than I usually go for but it is a pretty color and I want to use it more.

Mellow Cosmetics Matte lipstick in Nude
I got this in last month's Ipsy bag and couldn't wait to try it! Nude is, surprisingly, more of a pink than a nude, so it will be perfect for summer.

Nyx Butter lipstick in Ripe Berry
These Butter lipsticks are so incredibly comfortable, I have three of them and want more. Ripe Berry is a sheer dark red color that is really flattering and wearable.

NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Tonkin
I adore this color and formula. My only gripe is that you don't get a lot of product! It feels like nothing on the lips and Tonkin is one of my favorite nudes.

Too Faced Sweet Peach Cream Peach Oil Lip Gloss in Pure Peach (sample)
The only thing worse than a peach scent, for me, is an artificial peach scent. I got this sample when I bought the Natural Eyes palette and I figured I'd give it a shot. I hate the color on my skintone and the lingering peach smell gives me a headache.

Swatches from left to right: Nude, Viva Glam II, Pure Peach, Ripe Berry, Tonkin, Calypso

And those are all of the products I'm using this month! Written out, it sounds like a lot but I end up repeating products often in different combinations.

I would love to know what you think about this style of post!

Xx Katie



15 comments on "June Everyday Makeup Drawer"
  1. I am so obsessed with that L'Oreal foundation! It gives such a lovely finish to the skin :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the Elf Flawless Finish foundation all last summer and I really liked it.
    I think it's funny that you get all your Clinique products from your aunt, I get mine from my grandmother.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born this way is a great foundation. I use to have it. I also have the concealer too which I love!

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Elf Rose Gold eyeshadow looks gorgeous! I'm also loving all of the sun-kissed bronzer and highlighter swatches <3

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried Elf's foundation! I may need to try it out x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing bloggers pan their products. It's such a great idea to use up products xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need to try a white foundation as I'm super pale as well haha! Great idea to help use up products :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the Wet n Wild highlighter looks gorgeous! And I like the artificial peach scent (I have the Sweet Peach palette) because it reminds me of the peach gummy candy that I love!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golden Topaz is gorgeous and I love the Natural Eyes palette! Great favourites Katie, thank you for sharing. Hope you have a great week ahead xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin | Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the shades in the Too Faced palette. Soft & Gentle is my all time favourite powder highlighter.

    Amy - https://amyevans.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to give this Nars concealer a try. You have so many amazing products. LOved all your lipsticks.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good idea, it's quite similar to a project pan! I'm generally amazed at how you've only wrote a sentence for each one, probably because I like to waffle oops haha! I'm not a fan of the wake me up concealer but I'm so close to finished it too. That liquid eyeshadow from Elf is actually beautiful!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw some products there that I really like! :)

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you need to go to a prom? And you want to buy a beautiful prom dress but only to find all of these in the shops are too expensive. So come to have a look there angel gown uk You will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.
    beauty blog

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9