June 14, 2017

Top Five from Tarte



Of all the beauty brands at Sephora and Ulta, I think I've tried the most from Tarte. Their range of eyeshadows, face products, and lip products are often hyped on social media and are a reasonable price for a high-end or mid-range beauty brand. Plus, they often include products in subscription boxes or Sephora freebies so you can try before you buy!

I've put together a list of items I would recommend from Tarte, especially if you're new to the brand! A lot of their makeup is safe for sensitive skin and is made with more natural ingredients than other lines, so they may be worth checking out if you have those concerns.

Tartelette in Bloom palette (a very old review)
This was one of my first palettes since getting into higher-end makeup and I don't regret it one bit. Of all the neutral palettes out there, this is the one I'd recommend to a beginner: the shades are easy to wear and easy to use, good for a range of matte and shimmery, cool and warm looks. The palette is mostly matte and these mattes are incredibly creamy and blendable. The shimmers aren't quite as smooth, but they are great universal shades and overall this is one of my favorite palettes despite the many new additions to my collection.

Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint
If you're looking for a matte, quick-drying, budgeproof liquid lip this is not for you. However, if you want something pigmented, cushiony, and non-drying you might like these as much as I do! Namaste is definitely my favorite shade. I also have Birthday Suit, which you can select as your Sephora 2017 birthday gift, and Rose, which is actually a quick-drying matte lip paint and doesn't have the same formula as the first two. Namaste is a pale pinky brown nude, Birthday Suit is just a bit darker, and Rose has a different formula and is more of a dark peach shade. I much prefer the Creamy Matte lip paints but if you're into a longer-lasting, more watery formula Rose is a pretty shade!


Color Splash Hydrating lipstick
These gorgeous blue marble cream lipsticks came out fairly recently and I knew I had to try them. I chose Salt Lyfe, a cool-toned mauve, and I absolutely love it. The formula is pigmented, not at all drying, and long-lasting for a non-matte lipstick. They have a great color range, too! I definitely want to pick up more.

Shape Tape Concealer (review)
The hype is real, guys. This is the most high-coverage concealer I have ever tried. Tarte is continually expanding their shade range so hopefully there will be a shade for everyone! I like to put a few dots under the eye, use a brush to spread it out, and then properly blend it with a damp sponge. If you get a shade just a little lighter than your skin tone, it is great to brighten and cover the undereye. I want to get another shade that matches my skin better because this concealer covers blemishes so well!

Amazonian Clay Blushes
I have two of these gorgeous blushes, although unfortunately one broke! I still try to use it as much as I can and I might try to repair it at some point. I have Glisten, a shimmery coral, and Paaarty, which also comes in the 2017 Sephora birthday gift. I love Paaarty and I really want to get the full-sized. Both of these blushes last all day and are easy to build up.

 Swatches from left to right: Glisten, Paaarty, Namaste, Birthday Suit, Rose, Salt Lyfe


Honorable mention: Rainforest of the Sea palette
Another palette I have and love from Tarte is this beautiful cream shadow set. It's not the easiest to use considering almost all of the shades are shimmery, but I love the bronze colors and the packaging is to die for. I am definitely an ocean/water lover so everything about this palette appeals to me, though it may not be for everyone which is why it didn't get into my top five recommendations!

What are your favorite Tarte products?
Xx Katie
22 comments on "Top Five from Tarte"
  1. Of all the brands at Sephora and Ulta, Tarte is one of the ones I've tried the least lol. I do want to try out that concealer since everyone seems to love it! I just wish they had a better color range

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like their blush too!

      - Greta
      www.mintyfrosting.com

      Delete
  2. I would love to try Tarte products - they look amazing especially the palette and concealer . But it's really hard to get it in the Uk without expensive shipping X
    Sarah X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need the In Bloom palette, I still don't know why I don't have it.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for your broken blush!!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't picked up my In Bloom palette in a while, but I love the hydrating lipstick! I have it in Island Life!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried anything from Tarte but I would love to try their lip products. Namaste and Birthday Suit caught my attention, lovely shades!! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tarte isn't easy to get here in Australia. We have a few bits and pieces available here, but of course, nothing that I've been lusting over - story of my life (I may just have to pay you to buy me some Shape Tape hahaha). Other than shape tape, I've wanted to try their Amazonian Clay blushes for so long! I'd be interested in some of these lippies, too. :o

    Christie's Take on Life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Tarte products before but I've heard nothing but good about it.
    Great list of faves.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried anything from Tarte but I'm going to have to! Their stuff looks awesome :)

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with Shape Tape! I need to get it in more shades, great post! The lip paints look lovely xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. The palette looks gorgeous, as does the concealer , I've heard great stuff about it!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great picks! I've wanted the Tartelette palette for the longest time. It's so beautiful. Also need to bring the Shape Tape into my life. I've heard endless positive reviews.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the tarte shape tape concealer too! Really high coverage and it does not look heavy under the eyes.

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Tarte! These are some great picks! I tried to pick up the Rainforest of The Sea palette but it was always sold out! xo

    Hanney | www.blogabouthanney.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really recommend re-pressing that blush - it's super easy! Look up the videos by the Beauty News channel on Youtube for how to do it if you're not sure.
    Morgan | Hyacinth Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to eventually, I just need to get the right kind of alcohol! :)

      Delete
  16. This post has come in perfect timing for me as my boyfriend is off to America soon with a wish list from Sephora. I've been debating whether to ask for the concealer but I think I will as it sounds so so good! Definitely going to pick up a blush and MAYBE the in bloom palette too!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love their blushers! I still need to try Shape Tape... I like your new blog design, by the way :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love the In Bloom palette! One of my all time favourites I think. I need to try Shape Tape.

    Amy - https://amyevans.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man... I really want to try Tarte products! Their Shape Tape, the blushes, Tartelette In Bloom.... dreams!!

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9