June 9, 2017

Ulta Haul #17898



I feel like half my posts in the past few months have been Ulta hauls...I swear I shop other places, but Ulta is one of the most convenient. It has started carrying a ton of new brands lately and it has both high-end and drugstore products so I can get a variety of makeup!

Three of the newest brands to Ulta are MAC, Zoella Beauty, and Sleek cosmetics. I've tried MAC before, of course, but I'm excited to start getting Ulta points on my MAC purchases. Zoella Beauty and Sleek were formerly only available in the UK so I can't wait to see what the UK bloggers have been raving about!

Zoella Beauty Bath Latte
I really enjoy Zoe's videos and I remember her video about her Sweet Inspirations line--I wanted everything. Now I have the opportunity to try it all! First up on my list was this Bath Latte--a bath soak (maybe bubble bath?) that is supposed to smell amazing and it is packaged in an adorable milk bottle. I just finished my bubble bath so I can't wait to get started on this.

Zoella Beauty Double Creme Body Cream
I have used this body lotion already. It smells amazing and absorbs into the skin quickly. It has a strong vanilla macaroon-type scent that lingers.

Zoella Blissful Mistful Solid Fragrance
I got this heart-shaped fragrance as a bonus gift for ordering from Zoella Beauty. It doesn't have a strong scent--in fact, I can't even tell you what it smells like. Maybe on the skin it will be stronger.

Sleek MakeUP Highlighting Palette in Cleopatra's Kiss
The Solstice palette took the makeup world by storm a few months ago, but those shades didn't attract me as much as the golden shades in this palette. It includes two powder highlights and two creams, all of which have a strange texture. The creams are very metallic but feel a little oily, and the powders are super illuminating but feel stiff to the touch. I'll have to see how it looks on the cheekbones because at the moment I don't know what to think or why everyone has been raving about this formula!

MAC Satin lipstick in Brave
This rosy-nude shade is one of MAC's most popular, so I knew I had to try it. It's unlike other MAC lipsticks I own and it's less brown toned that I had imagined. I love the color and the Satin formula is one of my favorites, so I know I'll use it a lot.


L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara
So many people have recommended this as a drugstore dupe of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, which is one of my pricey favorites. The wand has the same hourglass shape and it looks like a promising dupe. I have a few other mascara dupes to test out and I'm planning a post about all of them!

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian
Who doesn't like a pale nude gloss? I definitely do, so I've been eyeing this for a while. I used it briefly on my lips just to see how the color looked and I'm thinking this has a lip-plumping effect. Even after I removed it I felt a cooling sensation, which wasn't unpleasant at all but I don't usually experience with lip glosses. This seems like a standard pigmented gloss.

Swatches from left to right: Cleopatra's kiss (four shades), Brave, White Russian

I also want to mention that I recently picked up a few new things not from Ulta, including an Arbonne body lotion and the Lorac Beauty and the Beast palette!

Have you bought any makeup recently?
Xx Katie

16 comments on "Ulta Haul #17898"
  1. If we had an Ulta here, I know I'd be in there all the time! Great haul... I've heard good things about that Buxom lipgloss. As for me, the last makeup purchase was actually a grey Dior lippie... definitely a bit out there!


    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only heard raves about the Sleek palette too, so it'll be interesting to see your review on that! I've brought a lot of skincare recently, 2 correctors (one of them didn't work for me) but I'm looking at some concealers too haha xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haul, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the L'Oréal Lash Paradise mascara, I've never tried the Better Than Sex mascara, but I usually like that kind of mascara wands so it sounds very promising to me :)

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many gorgeous products! I've not tried the Sleek palettes, but everybody seems to love it; I hope you manage to make it work for you!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish ultra did international shipping, so jealous of all the brands you have access to! Been wanting to try Zoe's products for awhile now especially her bath products!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. the buxom gloss look really pretty! i love this kind of shades especially for everyday!

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul! I am looking forward to your mascara dupe post xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to hear more about the sleek palette, I found the textures weird when I swatched them in store

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ulta recently started shipping to Canada now so I can't wait to buy some stuff from there that we do t have available in Canada. Great haul!

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The packagings are all so pretty! I love the highlighting palette!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How funny, I bought the Zoella Bath Latte too when I ordered the Becca x Chrissy Palette! I'm going to try it out in a few minutes!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know what you think, I didn't get much of a scent when I tried it!

      Delete
  12. I'm so excited that they're carrying Zoella Beauty and Sleek! I can't wait to go to Ulta again, maybe tomorrow.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always heard good things about Buxom but I've never bought anything for myself for some strange reason. That lip cream looks and sounds really good though.
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lipstick is gorgeous!
    I bought a lot of stuff this month, if you want to see keep an eye on my blog!

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oo, White Russian actually looks so pretty! Lovely haul :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9