June 20, 2017

June Ipsy Bag Review



My June Glam bag arrived late this month, so I had already researched and was eagerly awaiting this month's products!

The bag itself is not my favorite. I would like the simplicity of it if they hadn't stuck the giant lip logo in the middle.

Anyway, this month's bag included a lot of brands that I know and love, some of which I've only tried because of Ipsy, one brand I've always wanted to try, and one I've only vaguely heard of. Best of all, all of these products are cruelty-free!

City Color Cosmetics Shimmer shadow in Cheers to Life
I remember hearing about City Color Cosmetics but I can't recall where. I love trying out new eyeshadow formulas and Cheers to Life is definitely my kind of color. It's a foiled, metallic bronzey copper. It feels very similar in formula to the Morphe metallic eyeshadows and has intense pigment when applied with a finger. With a brush you can build it up to full pigmentation on the eyes, but I find that it's a lot easier with your fingers! This eyeshadow is also massive, you get a ton of product in here.

theBalm Balm Springs Blush sample
I've gotten several samples from theBalm in Ipsy and I've always been happy with the product itself, but not the pitiful sample size. This one is much larger and can give you a better indication of how the blush wears. Balm Springs is a soft matte neutral pink, which I love. I had been expecting it to be more of a peach shade, which isn't very flattering on me! I can't wait to try this, I might even purchase the full size.

Hey Honey Uncover Detoxifying Mud Mask sample
I've gotten two Hey Honey products from Ipsy in the past and I loved them both! I haven't put this to the test yet but I definitely will soon. The sample size is pretty nice, I think I could get around 5 uses out of it. It is recommended for normal to oily skin types. I tend to be more dry, but my T-zone gets oily in the summer so I think it will still work for me.

Nyx Whipped Fouette Lip and Cheek Color in Plush
This cream blush/lip product might be my favorite product in the bag. I've always been afraid of cream blush but this blends out quickly and evenly on the skin. It reminds me of the Glossier Cloud Paints--it's truly weightless and not too pigmented! I want to get it in some more shades, though I love this dusky pink color. I personally wouldn't use it on the lips because I don't think it would stay in place at all.



Pur Fully Charged mascara sample
I love mascara samples, especially high end ones. I will never splurge on a mascara over $10 (I go through them way too quickly!) so I like the opportunity to try pricier ones. Pur is a brand I've heard a lot about but have never been able to try, so this sample is exciting. The Fully Charged mascara is said to be powered with magnetic technology, which I've never heard of in a mascara, but I'm happy to try it and see how it goes. It will be a little while because I have so many mascaras open at the moment!

Swatches from left to right: Cheers to Life, Balm Springs, Plush (unblended), Plush (blended)

Overall I'm happy with this month's bag--I will definitely use every product. Usually they include more full-sized options, but this is a good variety of makeup/skincare and it's very well suited to what I like.

Which of these products would you be most excited about?
Xx Katie




Follow
12 comments on "June Ipsy Bag Review"
  1. Lovely post! Those products look wonderful, especially that nyx lippie!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is really cute! I love theBalm products and the blush is so pretty
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The balm sample sounds really good, I don't wear blush a lot so that would last me ages :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got nice things in the bag! Loved the tiny The Balm blush!

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good bag!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I think this month is absolutely perfect! This is a big win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wanted the NYX Whipped Fouette! I had a crappy bag this month, except for this nail polish and the MUFE eyeliner

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  8. The eyeshadow is so pretty! i have never tried anything from this brand too.

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That PUR Mascara looks beautiful!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lips on the bag are a bit too big for my taste too, but not too bad :)
    my favorites would probably be this mask (oily girl here) and of course lip product - I love this color :)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Plush is gorgeous. lovely bag. I really like travel size mascara, thank you for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you got a nice bag this month. The lipstick and eyeshadow are really pretty.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9