March 8, 2017

5 Spring Lip Picks



Although it doesn't seem like it here in Northern Michigan, spring is on the way! Gone are the matte lips and dark berry shades, and in with the pinks!

I usually save my brighter lips for summer as those always seem to look better with a tan, but I love my soft pinks for spring. There are tons of finishes and formulas to choose from, but these are some of my favorites.

MAC Faux
Want something neutral to ease your way into the new season? Give Faux a try! It's a satin finish so it's neither dry nor glossy, but it's got great pigment and the neutral mauve pink shade is good for a range of skin tones.

Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Magic Wand
Most liquid lipsticks are too drying for me, especially after a long winter, but the Ultra Satin lips don't dry down completely and are therefore really comfortable! Magic Wand is a pretty, peachy nude that lasts well throughout the day and gives a matte finish without sucking the moisture out of your lips.

Nyx Butter lipstick in Snow Cap
This is a total dupe for MAC Hue and to tell you the truth, I like this formula better! Snow Cap is a peachy pink that looks so natural on the lips. This has a glossier finish than the other lipsticks on this list and it's perfect for spring.

MAC Hot Gossip
The MAC Cremesheen finish is one of my favorites. It gives a subtle shine and a lot of pigment. Hot Gossip is somewhere between a bright and muted blue-toned pink, and it would look amazing on every skin tone! I always dig this out when the weather warms up.

Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry
A tinted lip balm in high-end packaging, I've been trying to use this up lately and it's become my go-to lip product on a minimal makeup day. It leaves a light pink tint to the lips and feels super comfortable. Personally, I think if you're going to go for a Clinique Chubby Stick, I'd get one of the Chubby Stick Intense's because they have the same comfortable formula but a lot more pigment, but the original are nice, too! I'm sure to finish this soon at the rate that I've been using it.

Swatches from left to right: Faux, Magic Wand, Snowcap, Hot Gossip, Super Strawberry

I'm so incredibly excited to not have to scrape off my car anymore! Spring isn't my favorite season but I always enjoy the lighter clothes and makeup.

What are some of your spring lip picks?

Xx Katie
6 comments on "5 Spring Lip Picks"
  1. I want to try a variety of shades in the Chubby Stick Intense line as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clinique chubby sticks are fab!!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your picks! I need to add Faux to my collection. Such a beautiful shade!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Snowcap is such a lovely shade, I really like it. And yes for pink and bright shades, it's spring here and we are enjoying a lovely warm weather :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAC hot gossip is my favorite shade. I love it because it is cool tones but it still looks nice on my skintone !

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Chubby Stick looks really nice, hot gossip is a beautiful shade too.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9