March 12, 2017

A Little Ulta Haul



For my birthday I got an Ulta gift card and I decided to put it to good use as my online cart got more and more full. I definitely went over the card limit, but it was still a nice treat! Some of the items I really wanted were out of stock, but I found good replacements that I'm excited to put to use.

Large Lavender Z Palette
I have a medium-sized Sephora Collection Z palette but I filled it a few months ago with Makeup Geek shadows and still had a few left over that I had to put in my MAC Pro palette, which isn't magnetized properly to hold non-MAC shadows. I had been wanting the Makeup Forever palette, but it's always out of stock so I went for this pretty purple one instead. It's got a ton more space than the medium size and it should fit all the MUG shadows on my wish list!

Anastasia Contour Powder Refill Pan in Fawn
I think I've mentioned before that I have no use for a massive contour kit--I don't use the matte highlighters that come with it and I would likely only use one of the contour shades as well. Luckily Anastasia allows you to buy single pans from their classic contour palettes and after looking at swatches online I decided on the cool-toned Fawn, which is now in my emptied medium Z palette. The shade is slightly lighter than I expected, but seems pigmented and easy to blend.

Tarte Park Ave Princess Lipstick
I remember seeing this on a blog somewhere and falling in love at first sight! Pale pink nudes are my weakness and THIS PACKAGING. It's cardboard with rose-gold feathery accents all over it. The formula is very creamy and doesn't give a ton of pigment, so it looks very natural on the lips. It reminds me of the MAC glaze finish. It has a slight minty flavor which is nice. Overall, I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this.

LA Girl Pro Illuminating foundation mixer in White
The Nyx white foundation mixer has been on my list for ages, but it's also been sold out for ages. I decided to go for this one instead after LA Girl started being carried by Ulta. It's cheaper than the Nyx one and I've also heard some good things about it! I have a bad habit of ordering foundations online that are too dark for me, and the lighting in my drugstores are horrible so I'm constantly getting a bad shade match. I've used this once so far and it seems like a big help. I will probably review it soon and test it with multiple foundations to see if it changes the finish or the formula.


Nyx Epic Ink liner
This is supposedly a total dupe for the Kat von D tattoo liner in Trooper, which I've always wanted to try. The brush-tip applicator is very fine and precise, so it is easy to draw a line but takes a little longer to fill in than a felt tip. Still, I think the thin tip will be very helpful in my quest for the perfect winged liner and from what I've seen this does seem to be a good dupe for the Kat von D version!

Swatches from left to right: LA Girl White foundation, Fawn, Park Avenue Princess (two layers), Epic Ink liner

Both NARS and MAC are now carried/are going to be carried by Ulta so I'm guessing I will be placing a lot more orders with them soon! If you'd like a full review of any of these items please let me know. Either way I'll be testing these out, I've been wanting them for a long time!

What's your most recent beauty purchase?
Xx Katie
12 comments on "A Little Ulta Haul"
  1. Great haul! I really want to try the LA Girl foundation in white and in colorful shade.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke my beauty ban (oops!) so there were a few things I got from Ulta: 2 Catrese lipsticks, 2 NYX Away we Glow highlighters, a NYX epic ink lip dye, and the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer! I wanna try that NYX liner especially if it's a dupe of the Kat von D liner!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried it a few times and I love it, though I haven't tried the Tattoo liner to say if it's a dupe! I'm dying to get the Shape Tape x

      Delete
  3. You picked up some really amazing goodies, hun, and happy belated birthday of course! I hope that you had the most wonderful day. :) That Tarte lipstick looks absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to have it just for the packaging alone. I think that the shade you picked out is really fab, also! It seems like such a wearable, everyday shade. :) Thanks for sharing! <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the foundation mixer!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recommendations! getting the right foundation match... sigh. I know what it feels like, so this foundation mixer sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The NYX Ink liner looks so sharp and precise! Definitely putting that on my next shopping list, thanks for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. These products look great!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that lipstick!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul. Loved your eueshadows and the nude lipstick.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely haul! The NYX liner sounds promising. Hope it is a dupe for KVD's liner so I don't have to shell out extra money to repurchase it every time when the NYX is a ton cheaper, aha.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited that Ulta started carrying LA Girl. I love those Tarte lipsticks, the formula it so nice.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9