March 31, 2017

Top Five from: Too Faced



Too Faced is one of my favorite mid-range/higher end brands. Their packaging is iconic and cutesy, sometimes crossing the line in my opinion but more often hitting that perfect girly mark. They've perfected scented products and started many trends. Here are some of my favorite products from Too Faced that I've tried!

Born This Way foundation
I love this foundation so much that I bought two shades, one for summer and one for winter. It has high coverage and gives a luminous finish, perfect for my dry skin! The packaging is very luxe with heavy frosted glass and gold accents, and it has a pump. There are seventeen shades available and I think this is going to be one of my favorites for a long time.


Chocolate Bon Bons palette
Some of Too Faced's limited edition palettes can be hit-or-miss, but the shadows in their permanent collection are amazing. They're pigmented and easy to blend but don't have a lot of fallout. The Chocolate Bon Bons has really cute pink metal packaging and has 16 shades. I would say 10 of them are neutral, and some of the colorful shades are wearable, too, along with a few pops of bright color. It also smells like cocoa powder which I just love!


Holiday Blushes and Bronzers
I got the Grand Hotel Cafe gift set way back in September, and while the shadows are nice it's the blushes and bronzers that really stick out to me. There's Santa Baby, a cool-toned bright pink, Peach Cobbler, a peachy pink, and Gingerbread, an shimmery bronzer. These are all so easy to blend and don't look muddy or too bright on the skin. It makes me curious to try their permanent blushes!


Better Than Sex mascara
Is it possible to do a best of Too Faced post without mentioning this mascara? It's very popular, and with good reason. The hourglass wand gives incredible volume without being overly clumping. I've only had samples of it but I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the full sized. It's also never smudged or smeared on me.

Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Yes, I'm obsessed with the chocolate products. I'm a chocoholic and the best thing to get me ready for the day is a whiff of chocolately goodness. This bronzer comes in three different shades, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate, so there is something for everyone. It's matte and buttery; you can even contour with it! This is one of my lighter bronzers so I wear it constantly throughout the winter.

Swatches from left to right: Milk Chocolate, Peach Cobbler, Santa Baby, Gingerbread

Honorable mention: Lip Injection lip gloss
I'll be honest: I don't like this product. I'm pretty happy with my lips and the vaguely painful/tingly sensation this lip gloss gives is not something I want to experience often. However, it works. If you like plumping glosses this is a must try.

On my wish list from Too Faced are, like I said, their blushes, the original Chocolate Bar palette, the Natural Eyes palette, and maybe a lip product or two.

Are there any other items from Too Faced I should try?
Xx Katie
9 comments on "Top Five from: Too Faced"
  1. I loved the Born This Way foundation, mine has run out and I miss it so much.
    I need to do a similar post with some of my favorite brands.
    https://asparkleofgrace.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/march-empties-update/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday blushes and bronzers look so nice and pretty, wish I had gotten some!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the chocolate soleil and the better than sex mascara ! Too faced is my favorite high end brand too!

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so boring when it comes to foundations I always just stick with my Nars Sheer Glow but I love how you described the Born This Way foundation, you made it sound so good! Not sure if they'd even have a shade pale enough for my skin though...

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chocolate Soleil bronzer and Natural Eye palette! Have to say I hate the foundation though, it doesn't work for me at all!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that that the chocolate collection actually smells like chocolate!I thinkim more tempted more than ever to buy the Chocolate Bon Bons palette.!
    Rose xx
    http://rosecocoa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely picks! I love the Chocolate Soleil bronzer. I need to try more from the brand!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really didn't get on with the Bon Bon palette but love the creativity behind it.

    Amy - http://amyevans.blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous colors! "I will always love you" is my favorite shade for sure. I've seen these everywhere but it's great to read a full, proper review. Thanks so much for sharing. I bought this after doing my make-up lesson London by Lina. she trains best in my town and really talented and caring toward her students.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9