March 26, 2017

Yet Another Ulta Haul



I wish that I could hire someone to follow me around and punch me whenever I buy something I don't need. Yes, I got some more things from Ulta!

If you didn't already know, I live in the middle of nowhere so whenever I go downstate for shopping I tend to go overboard with it, especially at makeup stores. Ulta was also having their 21 days of beauty sale, so I actually didn't end up spending too much money! I was also able to test out quite a few things and either cross them off my wish list if the quality didn't appeal to me, or add them to my wish list if they hadn't been there before. I'm talking to you, Stila liquid glitter eyeshadows and Cargo Hawaiian palette!


Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara
This was only $10 in the Ulta sale, so I decided to try it out as I've heard some great things about it! It looks like a natural-bristled wand that will give a lot of volume and I'm excited to try it out. The packaging is really cool. It's purple and covered in a snakeskin-patterned cloth.

Essence Pure Nude highlighter
Kathleen Lights has been raving about this and now that I have it I can see why! It's such an affordable highlighter but it gives a really natural, pretty sheen. This is the kind of powder that I think can be used on all the high points of the face, not just the cheekbones, and it will give a lit-from-within glow. It's very soft and I think I'm going to really like it.


Essence Make Me Brow in 02 Browny Brows
Essence was a buy one get one 50% offer so I also grabbed the popular brow gel, which looked really dark and promising for my cool-toned, unruly brows. This is another raved-about product and is supposedly a dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow, which I haven't tried. To be honest, I don't usually do my brows but a brow gel should be a quick step to add to my routine.

Shape Tape applicator vs. Maybelline Fit Me applicator 

Tarte Shape Tape concealer in Fair-Neutral
Who hasn't heard about this concealer? I've been wanting to try it and I found a display tucked away on the side of the Tarte one! First of all, this concealer is fricken massive. Everything about it is huge, it puts my favorite NARS one to shame. The doe-foot applicator is big and the tube is big. I haven't used it yet, but on my hand it seems very pigmented.

LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating foundation in Fair
If you saw in my last Ulta haul, I bought the white mixing shade of this foundation and I've been loving it so far. I thought I added this foundation to my cart last time but I guess I forgot, so I made sure to pick it up this time! Good thing I did because the shade I was going to buy online was waaaaay too dark for me. Fair is the lightest shade and it's still too dark. Good thing I have the mixer! Anyway, I love illuminating finishes so I hope this is a good one.

NYX Extra Creamy lipstick in Thalia
There I was at the Too Faced counter, longingly swatching their Melted Matte lipstick in Child Star, debating whether I wanted to put up with a liquid lipstick for that gorgeous cool-toned nude. Instead I decided to find a non-drying, drugstore dupe, and this NYX one looked pretty close from the tube! The color is so pretty on the lips and I don't have a shade like this in my collection already. The formula does feel really creamy based on a first impression, so I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of this one!


Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish in Sugar Fix
This isn't a real gel polish because it doesn't involve special lights, but I'm hoping that it lasts longer than a standard polish because I adore this periwinkle blue color. I have a feeling it'll be a summer staple!


YSL Gypsy Opale Face Palette (Limited edition Spring 2016)
I didn't get this at Ulta and unfortunately it is no longer available, but I fell in love with the packaging of this and had to track it down. I've been using it as a subtle illuminating setting powder. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life which makes it worth the money to me, but I think the powder itself is not worth the money if that makes sense.

Essence Pure Nude highlighter, NYX Thalia

Well, I do not need to buy anymore make up for the next few months. Spoiler alert: I will. But probably not for a while!

Have you picked anything up from the Ulta sale or bought anything new lately?
Xx Katie

18 comments on "Yet Another Ulta Haul"
  1. As usual, I love Essence :) so I really like the highlighter. NYX lipstick is a perfect shade :)
    I also have brow gel by essence but I have a clear one just to keep all hair in place and it's working great :)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Katie, you make me so jealous. I was looking for that essence highlighter for a long time, but can't find it here. And that Tarte concealer is something what I dream about.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  3. So obsessed with the Tarte Shape Tape concealer! I think you're going to love it!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul girl, i've been meaning to try out the Tarte concealer for a long time!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased NYX Thalia a few months ago and I also got Tea Rose which I also recommend, both shades are so pretty and I love their creamy formula.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  6. That YSL powder is gorgeous, so pretty! I wish Tarte was easily available in the UK, I'd definitely try that concealer!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i wish i had an ulta near me. i would love to try la pro and tarte.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essence and NYX products! The NYX lipstick is gorgeous!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mascara looks amazing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the LA Girl foundation I've heard so many good things about it.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a nice haul ! i love the essence highlighter . such a pretty color !

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love a good haul! I really liked your post! I just wanted to tell that I really like your blog and I thought I’d include you in something a little bit different: The One Lovely Blog Award TAG! I was nominated a few days ago so now I’m nominating you 🙂 If this is something you fancy, give it a go! All the instructions are on my blog:
    https://katieemmabeauty.com/2017/03/25/tag-the-one-lovely-blog-award/

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The YSL palette looks amazing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I could hire someone to punch me every time I shop too haha! I love the Tarte Shape Tape and that YSL palette is so so pretty!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can feel you, sis! I also got the Essence highlighter because of Kathleen and I am really in love! I love how glossy it looks and how you can get it from subtle to dramatic, it is my new go to highlighter for everyday. I also wanted to get the LA Girl foundation but I can't find it anywhere :( let us know what you think of it!

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ou, you picked up some goodies! How I wish there was an Ulta in Canada. Every time I go to the US, I hit up Ulta and spend loads LOL. I need to get my hands on the Shape Tape asap!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I have tried the deluxe Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara, I loved it so much, like it actually worked wonders..

    Baking a Blog | www.bakingablog.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9