March 17, 2017

March Ipsy Bag Review



For $10 a month, Ipsy is a subscription makeup service that lets you try five products and get a bonus makeup bag! I've been reviewing their bags for almost a year and I've found a lot of products that I really like--and some that aren't as good, but as a whole I'm very happy with my subscription. Will the March bag be any different?

This month's bag is bigger than usual. They have always been a rectangular bag but this one is more square, with the top folded over if you'd prefer it that way. I like that the bag is bigger because it means I'm a lot more likely to use it! The pale pink and navy color combination is nice as well.

Elizabeth Mott Blending Brush
I use blending brushes every single day for eyeshadow so I'm always happy to get a new one. My favorites are the Wet n Wild ones--they blend any eyeshadow effortlessly, but it's hard to get precise placement of a darker shade with them. This brush is a bit more tapered so it's better for blending those dark colors that you only want in a specific part of the eye. The brush is a pretty mint shade, so it doesn't match the rest of my pale pink brushes, but it's still cute, and I'm probably the only one who cares about that.

Tarte Tarteist Matte lip paint in Rose
If you've had your birthday this year you may have gotten a Tarte lip paint in Birthday Suit. This is the same formula but the shade is more of a peachy nude than a mauve one. I wore it the other day and it feels light on the lips and dries quickly. It's not entirely transfer-proof. I kissed the back of my hand and you could see a faint outline, but you couldn't see where the lipstick had come off on the lips. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the color but I like the formula!

Marc Anthony True Professional Deep Repair Aloe Vera & Jasmine Oil Deep Repairing Conditioning Treatment
Who couldn't use a conditioning treatment? This one smells really nice and is a pretty decent sample size. I used it on Wednesday and I think I could get 5-6 more uses out of it, definitely enough to see if I liked it! I didn't notice any substantial differences on Wednesday but I'm willing to try it again.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer
Moisturizer is another product I'm always happy to try. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and I often like to layer my moisturizers at night to prevent my skin from getting dehydrated. This one has no scent, sinks into the skin quickly, and gives a slight cooling feeling. I don't think I'd purchase the full size but it is a nice sample to have.

Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow in Marisa
Usually I'm not the biggest fan of single shadows, as I much prefer palettes, but this one is magnetic so I can stick it in my Makeup Geek Z Palette and get more use out of it. The color is a pretty, shimmery light red. The formula is smooth but nothing special, so I'm glad the color is unique.

Swatches from left to right: Rose, Marisa

And that's it for my Ipsy bag this month! I'm most excited about the moisturizer, and I'll use all of the other products.

What would you be most excited about?
Xx Katie
5 comments on "March Ipsy Bag Review"
  1. Oh it's so beautiful! Such pretty things :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rose lip paint looks stunning, sorry to hear it's not your favourite colour but I love the look of it. The formula sounds great, thank you for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many nice goodies ! The shape of the brush looks really good as as you said , perfect for those dark colors.

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sunday!!
    Such a lovely post
    Thanks for Sharing!!
    http://iamaliyankhan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find Tarte Lip Paint formula to be really drying on the lips. I hated the one that I got from Sephora and am giving away the one I got from ipsy.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9