March 10, 2017

March Makeup Drawer



If you have a medium to large makeup collection, you probably have some difficulty getting use out of all of your products. I definitely find that some products are getting lost and I thought the easiest way to rotate through my collection would be creating a monthly everyday makeup drawer. YouTuber Andrea Matillano's video really inspired me and if you're interested in this idea I recommend watching it!

I cleared out one of my drawers and selected a variety of products to use throughout the month. I'm trying to tailor it for my needs at the moment, coordinating blushes and lipsticks, picking foundations to suit my winter-pale skin, and selecting products that are close to the end of their life span. I'm hoping to do this every month and really get through my collection!

Primers
I don't use primers all the time so I only have a few to choose from. I want to finish up this sample of MAC Prep and Prime so I'm putting it in my drawer, and hopefully you'll see it in an empties post soon! For the eyes, the Wet n Wild Photofocus is the only eye primer I need.

Foundations
I have three foundations of various finishes, and all are in the lightest shades I own because I'm really pale at the moment. The Rimmel Lasting Finish has a higher coverage and a glowy/satin finish. The L'Oreal Pro Glow (review) has medium coverage and a more glowy, almost dewy finish. I also included a sample of the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream but it has such a strong yellow undertone that I can't use it alone, though I have been mixing it in with the Rimmel foundation to make the color match me better.

Concealers
I have several concealers that I want to finish up, including a travel size NARS Radiant Creamy and the Rimmel Wake Me Up. I also included the Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector, which I wear under concealers.

Contour
One of the only contours I wear is this cool-toned Wet n' Wild Caramel Toffee duo, which is perfect for contouring fair skin.

Bronzers
The matte bronzer I picked out was a Jelly Pong Pong blush/bronzer duo in Aruba, which blends really nicely. I also included my favorite NARS Laguna bronzer and a sample size of the Pacifica bronzer in Sunkissed, which I'm hoping to make a dent in.

Blushes
The Clinique blush in Pink Blush has hit a large amount of pan, so I'm going to keep this in the drawer until I finish it up. I also have the Becca Champagne Collection palette, which includes three blushes in Rose Spritz, Amaretto, and Pamplemousse, a Tarte blush in Glisten, and a Seraphine Botanicals sample in Happy Hibiscus. It's a lot of blush but I like to mix them together and match them to the lip products I'm wearing!

Highlighters
I also have a variety of highlighters, but I have a huge collection and I wanted to get several different formulas and powders. For a liquid highlighter, I have a sample of MAC Strobe cream. I also have a cream highlighter stick, the Trestique mini Maldives Luminescent. I can layer powder products over both of these. The Becca Champagne Collection palette includes two highlighters, Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop, and I also included a travel-sized Becca Opal. For a softer powder highlight, the last powder I have in the drawer is the Physicians Formula Mineral Glow pearls in Beige Pearl.

Setting Powders
To set my undereye concealer, my go-to is the Elf HD translucent powder. For the rest of my face I use the trusty Rimmel Stay Matte.

Eyeshadow Palettes
I wanted to include only two eyeshadow palettes to ensure that I got a lot of use out of each. A more colorful palette is the Too Faced Chocolate Bons Bons (review), one of my favorite palettes. theBalm Nude 'Tude palette (review) is all-neutral and I can use these alone or with each other.

Single Eyeshadows
I don't reach for my single shadows very often so I thought this was a good way to incorporate them into my routine. I chose a glittery taupe Colourpop shadow in I <3 This, the pink, brown, and gold Stila Neapolitan Trio, and a blue and silver Clinique duo in Nightcap and Starlight Starbright.

Eyeliners
I keep my liners in a little pot, so the shorter ones tend to get lost in the mix. I picked two of the shortest, the Marc Jacobs Highliner gel crayon and the Mary Kay black liner, for this reason. My oldest liquid liner is the Revlon Colorstay so I will probably finish that up this month. I also added the Maybelline gel liner in Soft Nude, which I use on the waterline every day.

Mascaras
I try to only keep mascaras for up to six months, so I added my oldest three mascaras to the drawer so I will get as much use out of them as possible before it's time to trash them! The Maybelline Colossal is one of my favorites, along with a sample of the Too Faced Better Than Sex. I also have the Younique Moodstruck fiber lash duo (review), which I might be able to keep longer because I don't know the rules of fiber mascaras.

Lip Products
I've gotta have lots of lip products to choose from! Two I'm trying to use up are the Clinique chubby stick in Super Strawberry and the Mary Kay lip balm in Natural. I have two higher-end lipsticks, Urban Decay's comfort matte in Hitchhike and a MAC glaze lipstick in Hue. The liquid lipstick I included is Colourpop's Ultra Satin lip in Magic Wand. I also added the Colourpop matte lippie stix in Lumiere.

The drawer is likely to change as I finish up products, decide to get rid of them, or test out new purchases, but I will be using products I'd been ignoring and that is the main purpose of it! Also, I took a ton more photos and swatches for this post but the lighting at the moment is so bright that all the photos got washed out. If I do this kind of post again next month it will show more details!

How do you rotate through your collection?
Xx Katie

7 comments on "March Makeup Drawer"
  1. Lovely picks! These sound fab! The ColourPop shadow looks super pretty!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so important to do a regular clear out, the amount of times I find a product that used to be my fave months ago is surprising!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to do this as well, and it's going pretty well. I really want to try the L'Oreal Pro foundations.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing this too, trying to use only a certain amount of products for months so hopefully I will hit pan soon. Great selection here, Katie!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I have a medium-ish collection and can definitely get overwhelmed by the options out there. That's quite impressive that you hit pan on the Clinique blush! I don't think I've ever panned any sort of large powder product XD

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  6. It happens to me too, I don't have a large collection but some products are forgotten at the back of my drawer and it is a pity since they are amazing products. This is a great idea, I may start doing it too! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picks! You've made me really want to repurchase another Better Than Sex mascara, it's honestly a holy grail! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9