January 4, 2016

Shopping & Christmas Haul


This past weekend I went to the Southern part of Michigan to have a Christmas Party with my mom’s family and I did some shopping along the way! Where I live, there are very few decent shops so this was a bit of a special occasion. I’m really excited about my purchases and the gifts I received so of course I wanted to share them on my blog!
 

On Friday I only bought a few things, two jewelry items and a gift for my friend. At Charlotte Russe I found a green and gold statement necklace and a nice set of earrings (I mainly wanted the rose gold ones, I’m a bit obsessed with rose gold at the moment!) These were buy two jewelry items for ten dollars so I thought it was a good deal, especially because I can wear them with multiple things I already own. At Rue 21 I found this adorable coffee mug that reminded me of my friend, so I figured a late Christmas gift was in order.
 

Saturday night was the family gift exchange and I got two lovely presents, although it was nothing compared to the voice-changing Iron Man mask my five year old cousin Brady got! One of my aunts gave me a change purse from her Trades of Hope line, which helps women in need and the products are made out of recycled materials. From one of my uncles I also got The Vampire Diaries season 6 to add to my collection!
 

By far my biggest haul of the weekend was Sunday on the way back up North. I stopped at the most magical place in the world, Ulta, hoping to find the Benefit Highbeam highlighter I’ve been wanting. I couldn’t find a full-size one, but instead I tested out Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal and bought a set with a pressed powder and a liquid highlighter, both of which I can’t wait to try out. I also went over to the drugstore side of Ulta and picked up the Maybelline Colossal mascara, Loreal Paris Telescopic liquid eyeliner, and a Nyx butter lipstick in Snow Cap, which is a gorgeous nude shade. I also purchased a bright, shamrock green tank top with lace details up the sides from Marshalls. And, when I finally arrived home, and online purchase was waiting for me in the form of a beautiful rose gold and leather Fossil watch!

A few other online purchases were also waiting for me, although I definitely wasn’t excited about them. That’s right: overpriced university textbooks. I start my second semester in one week and although a lot of my classes sound interesting, I’m not ready for such a packed schedule!

What was your most recent purchase?

Xx Katie
1 comment on "Shopping & Christmas Haul"
  1. Looks like you got some lovely gifts here!! The green top is gorgeous! Hope your second semester isn't too bad for you :)

    Hanna xxx http://thebeautylifehb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9