January 30, 2016

January Favorites


I can’t believe January is almost over! The first month of 2016 has flown by! And to think, I’m still accidentally writing ‘2015’ on papers. Anyway, this has been a great month and year so far and I’ve discovered a lot of new things that I’m now obsessed with.


TV Shows: Like the rest of America, I started out this month binge-watching the Netflix documentary series ‘Making a Murderer’. Whether you think he’s innocent or not, the story of Steven Avery is a captivating one and I couldn’t stop clicking next episode!

 Another show I’ve been watching lately is ‘Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23’. Unfortunately there were only two seasons made, but from the first episode I was hooked. It’s a clever comedy show about a girl who moves to New York City and becomes roommates with a girl named Chloe, who is scheming and manipulative and friends with James van der Beek. The Dawson’s Creek references never get old.

While I do watch shows like the Bachelor, the show UnReal put a really cool twist on that sort of show. It follows the producers and creators of a show like the Bachelor and all of the things they do to create drama. I was skeptical at first, but it’s such a unique concept and I’m hooked!

The final show I’ve been watching this month is Botched. Botched is about two plastic surgeons who fix botched surgeries, like uneven boob jobs, tummy tucks, nose jobs, etc. I have no idea why I’m so interested in it (other than the fact that I considered becoming a plastic surgeon) but I can literally never look away.

Beauty: I’ve been trying out a lot of new products lately and I’m so impressed with them! The first duo are hair care products, Redken's All Soft shampoo and conditioner. I got these for Christmas and have been using them faithfully since then. These are the first shampoo and conditioner I’ve had that makes me feel a difference. If you have dry, damaged hair check these out!

At Ulta last month I found a travel-sized kit of two Becca shimmering skin perfectors, a liquid one and a pressed powder one, both in opal. I’m not crazy about the liquid (review coming soon!) but the pressed powder is to die for! I’m getting the full sized one as soon as possible.

If you’ve read my past few posts then this one takes no explanation: MAC's Hot Gossip lipstick. I love the cremesheen formula, and the pretty pink color is bright but natural.

A few weeks ago I really wanted to try matte nail polish. I found a few options at the drugstore, but a different product caught my eye: a matte top coat from Wet n Wild. For less than a dollar, I gave it a try and it worked really well! I feel like I now have twice the number of nail polishes as I can go with a glossy finish or a matte finish whenever I want.

The last beauty product I’ve been loving throughout January is Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Luscious mascara. For a great price, it volumizes, lengthens, and thickens your lashes.

Books: This month I’ve been reading the Sherlock Holmes book series. It’s not too difficult to read, and the version that I got is gorgeous!

Music: On January 17th Panic! At the Disco released their new album, Death of a Bachelor. I gave it a listen, not expecting to like more than a couple songs, but ended up purchasing the entire thing. Some songs are pop, some are punk, and some have a Frank Sinatra-esque Old Hollywood vibe. The vocals are incredible!

Also, because I’m on YouTube all the time, I started following a few channels that upload music. The one I’ve been enjoying the most is Mr. Suicide Sheep, who uploads multiple times a week. The songs vary a lot and can be kind of hit and miss with me, but it’s a convenient way to discover new music and I’ve fallen in love with quite a few songs!

Blogs/Vloggers: I decided to add a new section this month to talk about any beauty blogs or beauty vloggers I’ve been enjoying this month. One blog is by Fleur De Force (who has a YouTube channel as well!) and she posts reviews about what’s new in beauty. A good recommendation from her usually has me putting the product onto my shopping list!

I watch a lot of vloggers but there are two I liked especially this month. One is a beauty vlogger named Tati who uploads every single weekday about a variety of subjects! I always look forward to her videos and what she has to say about products and techniques.

The other isn’t a beauty guru but that doesn’t stop me from watching him! His name is Mark Ferris. He’s a smaller YouTuber but he recently got a well-deserved jumped up in popularity! The quality of his videos is fantastic and he’s a very enjoyable person to watch, his videos always make me laugh.  


What sort of things were you obsessing over in January?
Xx Katie
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9